The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tower Defenses Xp Bug ?

SunIsles

Hello !

I've noticed a decrease in the overall XP you can get in Void defenses. I usually go for T1 or T2 defenses in order to level up gear. Before U17, I could get from 0 to 30 by doing a 30 waves T2 defense (with an affinity booster).

But this morning, I decided to level up a few things in order to get the mastery points required for my next rank. So, as I have many things I wanted to up, I purchased an affinity booster to make the grind more bearable. And what a surprise ! By doing a 20 waves T2 defense, my Banshee only went from lvl 19 to 25. That's when I started to be intrigued. Then, I asked that same question I'm asking now on my clan and alliance chats. And some people told me they noticed the same thing, that their gear wouldn't lvl up the same way it used to. 

So I wondered. I know DE did some changes to the way defense works and to how the mobs spawn. Maybe it is related to this. Maybe it is just a bug. Because I don't want to believe that they stealth nerfed it. Otherwise, it would mean they intented to make the grind more painful than it already is. And I really don't want to believe that.

So it would be awesome if an admin could see that and just explain what this is all about. Or if other players have an explanation, I'd be glad to hear about it. Anyway, thx for reading and answering !

They changed the spawn rate and enemy types for the waves to improve performance. You kill a lot less enemies now, and the ones you kill the most give poor affinity. I added forma to my Volt and went to a T2D to level him up. Surprise, surprise, it barely reached rank 9. I got so annoyed I set up a Draco XP farm and got him to 30 in one run. DE can complain all they want, but if they keep nerfing affinity gains in missions, more and more people will flock to nodes like Draco.