Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Tips For Falling Asleep?

VivaNyanCat

While sleeping pills can help, being on them for too long can create a problem. I've been on several sleeping aids off and on and getting off of them is tough and not pleasant, even if you take it for two weeks. However everyone reacts differently. If you continue to have sleeping problems, I'd contact a doctor. Here are some things that help me though: I take trazodone as prescribed by my doctor. Its not just an antidepressant, but it's a pretty good sleeping aid that doesn't make me feel drugged in the morning. I've gone off of it before and it gave me little issues (note: don't go off this med or sleeping pills cold turkey). If you want to take a more careful approach to sleeping:  Drinking some chamomile tea (I drink two mugs of that) helps me relax a little, you can take melatonin, take some time away from the comp before falling asleep (as mentioned above), exercise early in the day or several hours before you sleep, music can help, or just some kind of background noise. For me, I like having a fan on high. It's a constant sound and I can just focus on that sound alone. It's like meditating I guess.

If you do end up going on sleeping pills, do not take it for more than two weeks... but this usually doesn't help at all as it is only a temporary band aid and you will likely get really bad rebound insomnia after you stop. Just make sure you go over your concerns with your doctor before doing anything.

Listen to political speeches in a foreign language to yours.

Child. It's glorious!

Well, I am a teen...

Does that make me a child to most others here?

I think it does...

Oh well.

I just can't imagine somebody drinking that stuff over some nice herbal tea/etc.

Wine, yes, but nothing else.

Well, I am a teen...

Does that make me a child to most others here?

I think it does...

Oh well.

I just can't imagine somebody drinking that stuff over some nice herbal tea/etc.

Wine, yes, but nothing else.

Yes, child >:P

Wine tastes awful. Whiskey is the best tasting IMO, but vodka gets... Results ;)

Yes, child >:P

Wine tastes awful. Whiskey is the best tasting IMO, but vodka gets... Results ;)

*Cries*

I'm telling my mommy on you!

Also, I've only ever tasted beer and wine accidentally.

The beer made me puke, but the wine tasted good.

It just gave me a massive headache.

Edited by VivaNyanCat

What kind, and how much did you drink? More importantly, how was it 'accidental'?

Well, I went to drink some tea.

I found a random cup with something in it that looked like tea.

I drank it in 2 seconds flat, puked straight after, and got a headache.

Turns out somebody just opened a can of beer and put it in a cup.

Blech.

Well, I went to drink some tea.

I found a random cup with something in it that looked like tea.

I drank it in 2 seconds flat, puked straight after, and got a headache.

Turns out somebody just opened a can of beer and put it in a cup.

Blech.

This made me laugh. How could you not tell? The scent alone is absolutely vile. I can't even be around people who drink beer for too long. I do agree though, beer is awful. At least American beer is. I haven't been all over the world to taste every form of [insert thing], so my opinion is biased due to ignorance of the world's diverse choices. 

This made me laugh. How could you not tell? The scent alone is absolutely vile. I can't even be around people who drink beer for too long. I do agree though, beer is awful. At least American beer is. I haven't been all over the world to taste every form of [insert thing], so my opinion is biased due to ignorance of the world's diverse choices. 

There was also this one time where I accidentally got high off of paint...

I was painting my room, and I get a little lightheaded.

Then I notice I'm not filtering the air around me.

...and basically blacked out.

Don't know what happened after.

There was also this one time where I accidentally got high off of paint...

I was painting my room, and I get a little lightheaded.

Then I notice I'm not filtering the air around me.

...and basically blacked out.

Don't know what happened after.

Don't feel bad. Many people get high off paint... although it's usually intentional. lol

I don't feel bad at all about it, just stoopid.

>.<

Hey, it's all life experience. Everyone does something stupid every once in a while. Sometimes it's just better to learn from mistakes. I caused an arc flash cause I bumped the wrong wires together and the power was on even though I thought i took the right fuse out. I now test the wires before I start fixing things, but i digress. We're getting way off topic :P 

Hey, it's all life experience. Everyone does something stupid every once in a while. Sometimes it's just better to learn from mistakes. I caused an arc flash cause I bumped the wrong wires together and the power was on even though I thought i took the right fuse out. I now test the wires before I start fixing things, but i digress. We're getting way off topic :P 

Fuses? Damn, I've only worked with circuit breakers xD Been shocked more times than I can count, most of them were in high school, most of that most is because my best friend, who I was working/learning with didn't feel like turning off the circuits, because he "didn't want to disturb the learning process of the students" in rooms we'd work in. Ya know what? That might explain why my left hand hand shakes a little bit, if I remember correctly, most or even all of the shocks were to the left hand...