Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Difficulty Balance

ZaxNyu

Hello.

Will there some day be a patch to balance the difficulty for solo play? I just tried Mars with 120% shield on Excalibur Prime and got killed from one enemy in less than 3 seconds of hits of his rifle, right at the spawn. And I'm really holding back not to flame like hell now.

Solo difficulty varies from melee rush only to die nearly instantly on same difficulty,

Online is useless as there is always at least 1 guy running through with high end gear oneshotting everything, leaving me nothing to do

and there is apparently nobody in this whole game that wants to earn the things himself without getting rushed by higher people.

You HAVE to balance solo play ASAP. Either reduce the damage or health of bigger enemies if going solo. It just doesn't make ANY reasonable sense that the difficulty just stays the same alone to 4 players.

Enemy count and wave frequency are defiantly higher the more players that are in the map in my experience.

In my experience, they are not. I often had, even in low levels where I killed enemies within seconds, dozens of enemies surrounding me and only survived with luck.

The secret to solo play is to always have an escape plan of some sorts. Generally when I'm playing solo the only reason I die is I either get careless or someone sneaks up behind me and knocks me down (or frigging grineer commanders with their constant teleporting)

The secret to solo play is to always have an escape plan of some sorts. Generally when I'm playing solo the only reason I die is I either get careless or someone sneaks up behind me and knocks me down (or frigging grineer commanders with their constant teleporting)

There should be no "secret" to solo play, and there really isn't. Only tricks. But the bigger enemies sometimes take like 5 magazines of the mk1 from a new player without mods (because you obviously CAN'T definitely have good and high mods in your first ~5-10? hours of gameplay) and kill him within 5 seconds. That is nothing near balanced, because with 4x new players you kill an enemy like that in a few seconds. Solo, with having to take cover, it can take a whole minute. And if you then have 2 or 3 of them, well, then you're ****ed.