Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Lore Feedback

Kashaan

It would be nice if we had a subforum for lore feedback/suggestions, by the way. Aside from the fanzone, since that's mostly about other things. But anyway, on to my point.

The Snipetron was removed because Corpus bullets don't fit the lore. One of their MOAs fires a railgun, which is just a bullet propelled by EM instead of gunpowder, so I don't see why the Snipetron couldn't be defined as doing that, but okay.

On the other hand, we have the Scorpion and the Dethcube. The former is a female grineer unit in comparatively light armor, wielding a whip, with a unit description of "Makes the hurt feel good." A space dominatrix, if you will.

The latter is called the Dethcube. And its attack precept is called Swift Deth. Those are my only complaints about it, but still: I thought the Tenno were classier than that.

I'm actually not upset about the removal of the Snipetron. It wasn't high on my wishlist. I do find it weird that the justification for that removal is the same justification used to slot in weird, apparently off-theme stuff like this. Both of them were very jarring to see.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: a lore codex needs to be prioritized. If we had a better notion of what the devs have in mind as far as the history goes, maybe stuff like this would make a little more sense (and maybe we'd get a better handle on what our Tenno's missions are actually accomplishing). As it is, the picture is kind of losing coherence. The game's looking less like Warframe and more like Heavy Metal, at least around the edges.

It exists: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Metal:_F.A.K.K.%C2%B2

Fair warning: it's a Wikipedia article, but includes a Heavy Metal-ish game cover, so... mildly NSFW, I guess?

Wow, I remember when that came out.  Always wanted to give it a shot, but never got a chance.

Back on topic, I really would like a section specifically for discussing and divulging information regarding the lore of Warframe.

I had totally forgotten about FAKK.  And Julie Strain, come to that...

Digression on Metal Hurlant aside, I can see your point on the lore.  I actually sort of assumed that the Grineer women were largely in charge of things, given some of the boss comments, at least until the Ballistae started showing up as regular enemies.  And Kela De Thaym actually struck me as pretty classy.

The Snipetron was removed because Corpus bullets don't fit the lore. One of their MOAs fires a railgun, which is just a bullet propelled by EM instead of gunpowder, so I don't see why the Snipetron couldn't be defined as doing that, but okay.

*Sigh*  I've seen a post by Rebecca which confirms that the removal of the Snipetron was a glitch (they are currently trying to sort it out).  They did not remove the gun due to lore concerns, which would have made no sense because it takes a lot of time to develop a detailed gun model.  A gun's description can be changed rather easily. 

I do think a lore subforum is a good idea though. 

My mistake. I thought I'd done enough research before posting. In retrospect, if it wasn't a glitch it really would have been in the patchnotes.

Never trust information less than a week old, hey?

Edit: Incidentally, I'd never thought about the Grineer as being potentially matriarchal before. The theory definitely has merit.

Anyway, the primary topic of this thread seems to have run its course since the Snipetron disappearance was accidental, but you may direct further thoughts regarding a Lore Subforum towards the following dedicated topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/50513-suggestion-lore-subforum/

Edited by Kashaan