Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Hydroid Team Compilation

(XBOX)G R A V O C

Hey guys. So I know Hydroid hasn't been nerfed on consoles yet, but I LITERALLY JUST GOT HYDROID AFTER 10 HOURS OF FARMING YESTERDAY.

So what does this mean? This means I'm not going to sit here and go belly up and let my Hydroid frame gather dust.

So I got to thinking..

The new Hydroid mechanics can POTENTIALLY GENERATE MORE LOOT if used properly.

Speed Nova

Any Nuke frame

Desecrate Nekros

Pilfering Hydroid

How to setup:

1.) Find a narrow corridor with a side room.

2.) Traverse the corridors over and over again, until you force the spawns to come from multiple directions that funnel into that corridor (max enemy spawns)

3.) setup in the side room, with tentacles at the enterence

4.) Speed Nova places bubble outside to speed up kills

5.) Nuke frame nukes every 5-10 seconds (ensures a good number of enemies on tentacles

6.) Nekros desecrates for additional loot

OPTIONAL: It's more work but will generate more loot - Hydroid/Nova/Nuke frame all stand near Tentacles with Polearms (Berserker crit slash proc Tipedo works best) and slash constantly.

- Bodies slashed in half count as two corpses for Desecrate

- Polearms are best because they have a very large swing radius, which counteracts the flailing tentacles, and also are very high in slash damage.

- Using Finisher attacks for Polearn Stance combos almost guarantees that corpses will be chopped in half

How this might be faster:

The key is that while the tentacles generate less loot per kill, the time spent killing enemies is a lot less, now that the enemies can be killed the second they touch the tentacles.

So in theory, the loot can essentially be the same, if not faster. If anyone wants to test and compare to old Hydroid, that would be awesome.

No it cannot and everyone that thinks this is actually a buff must be delusional:

#1 Tentacles will kill anything instantly on lower levels, this so called "QOL" is supefluos.

#1.2 Shooting enemies on tentacles is ridiculously hard

#1.3 Nuking them will just take out too many not on tentacles for Hydroid to actually matter

#1.4 There is no point in waiting till tentacles can no longer kill enemies instantly since... you could just restart

#2 Speednovas Explosions will also kill anything on lower levels so she still cannot be used with hydroid

#3 You could use Hydroid or... just don't. See this will probably break your heart but Mesa kills enemies 3x as fast and gets 2x Loot from Nekros: So she is now surpassing Hydroid.

No it cannot and everyone that thinks this is actually a buff must be delusional:

#1 Tentacles will kill anything instantly on lower levels, this so called "QOL" is supefluos.

#1.2 Shooting enemies on tentacles is ridiculously hard

#1.3 Nuking them will just take out too many not on tentacles for Hydroid to actually matter

#1.4 There is no point in waiting till tentacles can no longer kill enemies instantly since... you could just restart

#2 Speednovas Explosions will also kill anything on lower levels so she still cannot be used with hydroid

#3 You could use Hydroid or... just don't. See this will probably break your heart but Mesa kills enemies 3x as fast and gets 2x Loot from Nekros: So she is now surpassing Hydroid.

1.) I did say Hydroid NERF. I don't think this is a buff at all

2.) Rare mats increase in drop rate as you go into higher rounds. This bypasses your "low level one hit" statement.

3.) Mesa has too much loot scatter now without Mag.

4.) solution to nuke frames killing too many mobs - cast every 5-10 seconds.

5.) Try it before you rip it to shreds. This method is a no loot scatter method and also increases survivability, as team mates aren't scattered about the room, up to 50m apart with Mesa.

Hydroid and Nekros aren't redundant. Why not use both?

edit: this isn't addressed to the OP, obviously, but to the people that talk about Hydroid like he is no longer worth using because he can't triple your drops, "only" double them. I mean... still free stuff.

Edited by ArbitUHM

I like your thinking, however I feel someone more like Frost or Mag, someone who can put some smaller AoE potential on the tentacles would work better, as nuking anything with too big a range on would hit things outside of the tentacles an in theory reduce the number of drops

So nobody tried Radiant Blind And Savage silence combo?

Edit: Radiant Finish*
        and apparently Savage Silence only increases finisher damage for herself; if i'm reading the description of the augment right.

Edited by Sh4gun