Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sneaky And/or Unrealistic Monetization

MrMobius

Apologies if this isn't the correct sub-forum for this, but unsurprisingly, there isn't a forum to complain about the actual cost of playing this game. (Fanboys and Trolls need not go on about being able to obtain anything without platinum, I'll get to that in a minute).

I logged in and went to check out the shiney new Dojo and architect features I'd been excited about. What did I find? Not what you hoped I'd guess. Based on cost of platinum in Euros:

I found that you seem to think 7 Euros is a reasonable amount to charge for a CORRIDOR!

THIRTY Euros for a minimal lab set up (a reactor(100 platinum), oracle(300 platinum) and a lab (300 platinum)) PLUS materials and a reasonable amount of credits.

Do you realize I could buy a whole other game for that? Maybe two?

You say you want people to support Warframe: That's cool, but why rip them off? This is heavy handed and just plain greedy.

THEN there's the whole "Become a Founder and get discounted platinum" thing. I think what you mean is "Become a founder and get a discounted amount of platinum" See that? They don't imply the same thing.

Now either you intentionally mis-worded this, so that people will buy into being a founder thinking they get a continuous discount (no other reason to become a founder, if I'm honest), or you didn't do it intentionally, in which case it's incompetence. Either way, it looks REALLY bad.

Add all this to the fact that the drop rates for equipment blueprints (superchargers), seem so low as to pretty much demand that you either play 24/7, get really, improbably lucky, or buy platinum (at the NON discounted rates) to get them.

I have no Idea about the drop rates for void keys, or Formo's but if the supercharger drop rates are anything to go by, you can take a wild guess at my suspicions and not be far wrong.

(trolls and fanboys need not respond, I'm really only interested in the dev's opinion on this, and so won't bother reading any flames posts defending this kind of behaviour, unless it's from the source. If the post get's locked, deleted, whatever, I'll know I'm right and will proceed to tell as many people as possible to avoid this game.

I agree.. I have been trying to find a way to get void keys so then I can try out some new content.. however, with the 5$ requirement to buy 5 void keys.. it seems like absolute bull.. I'd love to try out the new content.. give my advice, help find bugs.. but the only way to do so is by having a clan FULL of people who HAVE already bought void keys.. It's quite upsetting to no end.. I've already pumped maybe 40$ into this game in supercharging warframes and buying slots (which also makes me feel like this game HONESTLY is milking the whole "Free to Play, but if you actually want to play you can pay" quite obvious..) I love the game, dont get me wrong. Its my TOP PICK when i get home from work.. but the Free to Play aspect will begin to become like WoW where you can play for free until level 20, then after that.. you gotta pay up.. Which I really hope does not happen to this game.. I will continue to put money into this game "mainly because I love their content, and what it to continue" but not if it comes to "Paying rent, Groceries, Buying my GF some flowers, then Paying to play WF..." If that is the fact, then I'll simply leave now and go back to League.. but I honestly hope that they atleast DECREASE the costs of Plat for $ or atleast Goods for Plat.. somewhere in the middle would be amazing..

You realize multiple people can toss in a dollar or two here or there? 

For your founder comment. No I don't read it as that. It's obvious before you buy that you're getting discounted platinum, not a permanent discount on your account's platinum rate. Even if some DO take it as such, it's not presented in a way that speaks as though there's an attempt to intentionally mislead people because of the "$X value" written all over the package before you buy it.

It doesn't look nearly as bad as you think it does. You may not be as upset as your come across, but your use of exaggerations and capitalizations make it seem like you're extremely riled up by this. Either way, you're overreacting and/or trying to justify your buyer's remorse. 

If you really just wanted developer opinion you would have emailed through support, or sent a private message. You made the concious decision to make this public. It's absolutely ridiculous to expect to not hear from someone who thinks differently than you. 

Finally

"If the post get's locked, deleted, whatever, I'll know I'm right and will proceed to tell as many people as possible to avoid this game."

This is just childish.

You refuse to listen to anyone's opinon who doesn't agree with you, and post a giant rant calling the entire development staff shady/greedy. You didn't do this in an appropriate manner and just "know" you're right if you're shut down? 
Edited by HailCreation

I'd have to agree that it the wording of discounted platinum is a bit vague and can be taken either way. I searched through trying to work out which it was.
The drop rates on various things may be low but you can get just about everything without paying a cent. That is the definition of free to play. The things that you must buy with real money are convenience items (xp boosts etc).
TL:DR - grind enough to get what you want.

In saying that, I do kinda feel things are a tad expensive.... probably not quite as bad as Neverwinter but not far off it.