Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Improvement] Grineer Scorch Behavior

Corvan

Is this their name? That flamethrower guy.

I really enjoy dealing with dynamic combat situation.Choose what to kill first, choose what weapon I need, choose cover or run, these are the good experience you should get from a good game.

So let's talk about this Scorch. Since their fire range is limited, why make them throwing that flame so far away? This issue happened couple times in those mining facility like defense map.They stand behind fences on stairs and constantly threaten me by that scary flame while I'm near the core which is far far away from them. I think this unit could be a formidable enemy with a more progressive behavior like :

Less duck and hide.

Moving straight towards players.

Pouring fire only at the right distance and be sticky, be scared of.

And it does not need a high value of health or shield to make them that kind of dangerous, let's say give them a medium heath and shield but with an "always come with crowd" or "come in packs" spawn logic should be good enough to make some damage happen. I don't know if all these wet dreams are possible. But hey, you guys are genius right?

Ratata is fun and all, but who doesn't want the combat has more layer and twist? Just like the Stalker, if that kind of thrill pops up from no where more often and has more variety in it maybe I'll just love this game more and buy s*** load of plats. People nowadays dig crazy s***, you never know.

Edited by Corvan

Because the flame from the flamethrowers blocks your view of them, and therefore protects them from being sniped! I call it the "Fire smokescreen of death" when I deploy this tactic in TF2.

But in all seriousness, they could definitely do with some improvements. The Scorch is probably one of the best units implemented so far, so simple, yet so effective. Allowing them to circle around players to actually flank would be epic, and giving them a bit extra protection/speed would be nice too.

Maybe also give them behaviour to camp behind doorways, roasting players who either aren't attentive or aren't using Enemy Radar/Sense.

Edited by PaperAlien

Update 8.0.4 (yesterday):

- Flame Lancer and Shotgun Grineer improvements. They will no longer shoot at targets out of range.

Also reported a while ago in AI bugs.

Let's check if they are really better now :)