Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add Automatic Draw To Bows

Mortarion

So I've used both Paris and Dread for a bit now, and what strike me as the clunkiest thing about them is drawing the arrows. If you try to draw the arrow to soon after a shot, nothing happens. Then your stuck staring dumbly at that Grineer for a second trying figure out why your bow didn't fire when you let go.

So I suggest having your Frame automatically draw the bow to max power after each shot. Why? Well there are several reasons.

-The fire rate of each bow is fully realized (Not that it really matters since its 1.0)

-Gameplay is much smoother since you don't have to worry about the little cool down before each shot

-With timing you can have faster rate of fire for small fry or a slower rate for heavier enemies

-You don't have to worry about drawing the bow when you unexpectedly run into an enemy around the corner

So I've used both Paris and Dread for a bit now, and what strike me as the clunkiest thing about them is drawing the arrows. If you try to draw the arrow to soon after a shot, nothing happens. Then your stuck staring dumbly at that Grineer for a second trying figure out why your bow didn't fire when you let go.

So I suggest having your Frame automatically draw the bow to max power after each shot. Why? Well there are several reasons.

-The fire rate of each bow is fully realized (Not that it really matters since its 1.0)

-Gameplay is much smoother since you don't have to worry about the little cool down before each shot

-With timing you can have faster rate of fire for small fry or a slower rate for heavier enemies

-You don't have to worry about drawing the bow when you unexpectedly run into an enemy around the corner

I completely agree with all of this.

but you won't have the "feeling" of drawing the bow manually :S

i don't like this idea, you should instead become aware of the special requirements of your equipment ;)

you're a ninja, not a bot (i hope^^)

but you won't have the "feeling" of drawing the bow manually :S

i don't like this idea, you should instead become aware of the special requirements of your equipment ;)

you're a ninja, not a bot (i hope^^)

I don't mind having to manually draw the bow so much, but it is the fact that there is a half second or so cooldown WHILE in the idle position immediately after firing an arrow before you can start to draw the bow again.

A half second may not seem like much, but when you're in the middle of hectic combat, it can be an eternity.

Edited by RyojinOrion