The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Progressing In The Game

Elarionus

Question

I am having a very hard time learning how to progress in this game. I know there's orokin cells and all sorts of stuff like that, but honestly, I am running out of weapon and warframe slots, there's really no way for me to create new things, and the community just seems fairly dead...nobody talks, nobody communicates...and I'm very lost as to what to do. Does anyone have any ideas on how to progress? Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Hello and welcome! Check this thread out if you have not done so yet: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/164196-how-to-warframe-a-guide-for-new-players/

The PC players always seem to be very active here so I can't imagine that the PC sector is dead. Do you have your region set to your local timezone? This may help you find others on when you are. There are typically tons of veteran players on here volunteering mentorship as well as helping answer questions.

I highly suggest checking out the clan recruitment thread for PC and finding a clan to join. This will be the easiest and friendliest way to interact with other players as well as getting help for questions, quests, unlocking planets, etc. 

Hope this helps and good luck Tenno!

You should farm Prime sets in the void(drop tables in the wiki) and sell them to players. Majority of platinum you gained from selling stuff should be spent on potatoes or slots. After that,make sure to get some prime stuff for youself too.  You will need to max out few core mods and put them to your potatoed primary weapon. You should also make a frame that will be your default. 

Summary,what you need to prograss fast is:

1)Get and max out core mods.(Redirection,Serration,Hornet Strike etc.)

2)Farm prime parts and sets and sell them to players,use the platinum you gained from them to buy slots and potatoes.

3)Spend some time with wiki.

4)Find and make your default Warframe,primary,secondary,and a melee.(By default I mean your main,a loadout you will use in most of your

missions)

5)Unlock all planets and their bosses.

6)Go to recruiting chat and play Void missions often,commonly known as T1/2/3/4 Exterminate/Survival/Defence/Interception/Sabotage/Mob.Defense/Capture. H T3Surv for example.

7)Put a potato on your Warframe and an aura mod to it.

Key words among community:

H=Hosting~Recruiting channel

LF=Looking for~Recruiting,Trading channels

WTB=Want to buy~Trading channel

WTS=Want to sell~Trading channel

A lot of more experienced players probably have extra Hornet Strikes.  They're sort of uncommon but not rare, and most people only need one or two.  I'd try asking people you interact with for other reasons if they can spare one (like when you trade with someone for something else) or visit Baroo's and ask around for one.  If you play on the PC I'd probably just give you one if I ran into you at the trade relay and you asked.  I wouldn't bother asking on Trade though; most people will disregard that as small potatoes unless you get particularly lucky.

I'd suggest farming corrupted mods via Vault runs if you can afford to make some Dragon keys.  Read  up on how to Vault runs work before you join a team on Recruiting, and own at least one of each key and be willing to carry any of them (you'll want a 4-man team for it).  The rarer corrupted mods probably have more widespread appeal than any given prime part and are easier to sell in my opinion.