Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Bottleneck?

dadaddadada

lo.

went down to larunda t'day.

was buttplenty of duds. but

ram wasnt. ram was chill.

cpu was liek

'meh im barely half used' - she says so.

gpu was so sleepy it even downclocked itself out of boredom.

hdd took a nap and shut down itself.

question arises:

"then, who was bottleneck??!1"

zLdL3uT.png

s0fuOj3.png

In all cerealsness, I would like to know if someone more tech-savvy than me could provide insights on why my framerate gets so low with pretty much none of my parts on full load.

sys

i5-4440s 3.2, 4gb

750ti 2gb

Edited by dadaddadada

DX11 is bottleneck because only one core can send data to gpu. Only one rendering thread is used but you don't see one cpu used to max because OS is shuffling cpu load across the cores. To see actual rendering thread load you need special software like cpu core analyzer and look for thread info. You will see one thread used to max.

zmu6rXm.png

Edited by Uberplayer

DX11 is bottleneck because only one core can send data to gpu. Only one rendering thread is used but you don't see one cpu used to max because OS is shuffling cpu load across the cores. To see actual rendering thread load you need special software like cpu core analyzer and look for thread info. You will see one thread used to max.

Didn't know windows could spread load of the active rendering thread. Well, now i know.

Thing is, I first excluded the idea of driver overhead because I was pretty sure warframe was heavily optimizing its rendering pipeline to include things like early frustum culling and early occlusion culling, algorithms that have the exact objective to minimize driver overhead among other things.

Either those methods aren't being applied for players/enemies or something is up.

Well probably not occlusion culling, as it is a pain to execute and to code. But there is no excuse for a simple frustum culling implementation.

Edited by dadaddadada