Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix Some Of The Things Amiss With Warframe

Mazimer

Dear DE,

Overall, warframe has MASSIVE potential.

I have NEVER, in over 10 years of serious gaming in games that range from MMORPGs, space shooters, tank shooters, FPSs, MOGs, seen a community this large with so little trolling despite such a large potential for it (Loki, mag, vauban, just to name a few). That's saying something about the game. That it's pure fun to play and there's no need to relieve yourself by trolling. But there's a few things so wrong with warframe right now that they SHOULD be adressed before u manage to screw up what's left good in this game and the trolling does begin and your game comes crashing into the ground.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, the grinding right now feels incredibly frustrating.

People don't want to play games to feel frustrated. People want to get REWARDED for their TIME INVESTMENT.

So EXPAND THE RADIUS OF FARMING.

Let me explain:

Make armor sets (to expand what you can grind FOR, not what you HAVE to grind for, just add different vvisuals for different parts of the armor, like helmers) , make resource drops more consistent, make BP drops less ridicilous, SOMETHING, ANYTHING

I started off with farming jackal at about 10 hours of gameplay.

First run, systems. I'm like "yay".

Second run, helmet, i'm like "more yay".

Third run, chassi, i'm like "4 days and i have Rhino, yipikayiyey!".

note that i was only able to make rhino from get go, coz i had a friend unlock all the planets for me by inviting me in high levels, muchos kudos for that

Now take a loot at how farming the rest of my frames looked like:

kill boss 100x+

42 helmets

46 chassis

0 systems

YAY systems, get disconnected because of lagg issues, lose it, never touch boss again for 5 days then get it after u start again in 2 runs? Kinda makes you feel ripped off for the some 10 hours spent for nothing just to get that last bit in 10 minutes. AND YES, THIS DID ACTUALLY HAPPEN TO ME FOR EMBER.

and let me make something clear: 100~ runs in 10 hours means 10 hours of serious button smashing with serious gaming experience to make it that long at 6 minutes per run on average (using saryn and frost, not some speedy gonzales frame, which i did not have yet at the time). That kind of an experience would make a high percentage of people quit the game there and then

i did get reimbursed for 50 platinum to finish off ember immediately because of that, so muchos kudos for that

ok in all seriousness, someone made a proper thread, with math and whatnot, 28 runs is the average to get BPs for one frame. so

so my point being:

-BPs should drop less frequently, but more consistently, not 10x chassis and 10x helmet before u get systems, it just causes frustration

-28 speedy gonzales runs for bosses range from 4 to 10 minutes all the way up to 20 for bosses like KRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

now imagine 100 krill runs, thats 33 hours for frost. Not. Very. Lul. No. Way. Too. Much.

apply above to void drops aswell, and you're right on the money

The same applies to void drops. there's plenty of threads summing up that 10 latron BPs, 10 latron stocks, 10 latron barrels, 0 latron receivers and 10 reaper handles in 50 void runs is the reality of things right now

so

make drops less frukking frequent, BUT CONSISTENT.

same applies to resource drops, alltho the problem isnt as bad there

in the grand picture, it all boils down to one simple problem

FIX. YOUR. RANDOM. NUMBER. HAMSTER. sorry, generator.

here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution#Generating_values_from_normal_distribution

how hard is it to google that? please, get a clue what core design issues do to games :\

and this one isnt like world of tanks (or wankers, as the british would put it) where they don't want to fix their shot distribution, but simply refuse to, because the big monies are still rolling in because IT'S TANKS AND YOU GET TO SHOOT TANKS WITH YOUR OWN TANK.

the charm of space ninjas isn't as stronk as tanks. mostly because in WOT you enjoy the journey and you can stop anywhere between tier 1 and 7 on any tank of any nation and just camp there, because you absolutely love that one tank. then you can pay 10 euros a month to play anything tier 8 to 10 without worrying about credits. Then if you're frustrated with your favorite tank, go play a derpson derpinson KV-2 or depson derpina m4 sherman for pure lulz as you watch people fall to your blatantly OP HEAT shells and laugh if you die of your stupid mistake, because you just owned too hard anyway (instead of the usual adrenaline rush (read: rage) that happens when you die to a stupid mistake and you call your team noobish and move on). or just stay on the kv2 / sherman the whole @(*()$ time, why not?

and that's world of tanks we're talking about, they have hundreds of tanks, a LOT of them feel different just by having a different armor layout but similar shape, they have serious tools to keep people engaged in grinding for that one next tank. and even they had to start listening and fix the RNG. You guys don't. Slap on major shields, shields recharge, power efficiency and max power, bring your overpowered latron or hek and just steamrollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll with weapons on any level, even pluto. endless defences are fun, but only with premade teams... which brings me to the next point:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chat system

who the actual fok did you put in charge of making that system? i know cutting development time is the name of the game, but... REALLY?

a game based largely on co-op with a horryingly bad invite and chat system? what the actual F*** DE?

this system needs major reworking, starting with:

separate tabs for clan, squad, region chats - check

make above work as intended and without major issues - not check

/invite <name> command - not check

if you really wanna make this work tho:

http://media-curse.cursecdn.com/attachments/67/79/9bdbab84c4388e2500ac88e3c61b94bb.jpg

note the tabs at the bottom

the bigger ones are contacts list and channels (the channels button is kinda useless, since you have them on the right from those 2 anyway :P)

first 2 are global and tank companies, third is clan chat and then come SEPARATE TABS for every conversation you have with every person. that's by far the BEST approach for small groups (you work with maybe 5-10 people at any given time, you can close the tabs easily, so they dont clutter up), if you get a new message, the tab begins to flash and that makes it easy to reply.

if you guys manage to fix these two problems, you will be FAR on your way to making this game the best 3rd person shooter withRPG elements out there at this time

Edited by Mazimer