Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Found My Old Mobile Phones - Can I Get Them Working?

ServareVitas

So clearing out... I've found 3 mobile phones that I owned from when I was a teenager. I guess I had them all between 2002-2005. Kinda wondering what kind of nostalgic texts, photos, videos and numbers would be on them. I have the correct chargers as they were all in the cardbox box with a load of other old toys. I've plugged them into the wall and they've been there an hour. No lights seem to be on or anything. 

Are they going to be completely dead after such a long time? Or would they start working if I left them in the wall overnight? 

The question is : did U store them with the batteries inside them, or separate ?

Cause the devices and batteries should always be kept separate if you will not use them (thus not keep them charged).

If they can't be charged, then a new battery should do the trick (most of the times).

Edited by tocorro

The question is : did U store them with the batteries inside them, or separate ?

Cause the devices and batteries should always be kept separate if you will not use them (thus not keep them charged).

If they can't be charged, then a new battery should do the trick (most of the times).

Yeah they have the batteries in them. They won't make these kinds of batteries anymore anyway, I'm sure they could still be acquired from some niche region of the internet for an exorbitant sum but I'm interested enough to fork out >_>