Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Penalty For Rushers

StahlEngel

People rushing through maps is getting really bad, this doesn't help new player or the co-op experience that this game is meant to have. I would like to suggest that DE either implement a penalty for rushing to the exit and leaving fellow Tenno behind, This would help enforce team play.

One thing that could possibly work is to remove the count down timer and make it that all Tenno that are still alive must get to the extraction point for the mission to finish.

plus we need to have mods auto marked as a lot of people who rush through mission do not mark mod drops.

Does any one have any other suggestions to add to promote Co-Op play?

Also if your just gonna troll, and try to bash this post don't , this post is for postive constructive feedback, not random negative BS.

I agree with this topic, but I don't think removing the timer is an option as there could be the kind of really slow players, who might end up fighting enemies forever in one section of the map, far away from the extraction room. I think that how it is right now is okay, where there has to be a minimum of 50% of the Tenno on the extraction point. This would only affect people playing just by 2, though.

I think, that there should be a penalty if you leave behind Tennos in a very short period of time, also counting enemies, whereas if for example, the rusher would go through the area, leave the tenno 3 sections behind in a mere 15-20 seconds, there could be a sort of penalty. And that penalty would be higher if the rusher also left enemies behind. The penalty could probably not take place if the player had just joined the session, or if they have been idle for a time that could be the maximum the penalty will allow before taking place for rushing.

TL;DR: If a tenno leaves another tenno along with enemies behind 3 sections too quickly, they'll receive a penalty.

Edited by Rainbow_Dashu

I don't think discouraging a certain play style is necessarily the right thing to do here. Instead of punishing players for player a certain way, we should incentivise and promote other styles of play. People will always try to rush regardless of what DE does, but maybe they can be slowed down if supplied with the proper reason to.

I've made a suggestion here about putting better lockers and storage containers in those out of reach places to encourage slower play and more exploration: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51848-suggestion-multiple-lockercontainer-tiers/

My friend also suggested providing buffs or bonuses for being close to your fellow Tenno. Maybe a X% boost to drop/exp/etc. for being within X distance of one another.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution did this("this" refering to the balancing of various play styles) perfectly in my opinion. DE might be able to learn a thing or two from that game.

Edit: If a Tenno stays along side another Tenno for # sections, they'll receive a boost.

Edited by SpringDL

Well you shouldnt "punish" rushers all they need to do is make so most the reward of missions is from killing enemies and working your way through the mission instead of putting the reward as a large cash prize for the people who can sprint to the end fastest.

Also simply making the game more difficult as it has gotten abit to easy even for casual play which is the feeling i get this game was meant 2 be played.

I don't think discouraging a certain play style is necessarily the right thing to do here. Instead of punishing players for player a certain way, we should incentivise and promote other styles of play. People will always try to rush regardless of what DE does, but maybe they can be slowed down if supplied with the proper reason to.

I've made a suggestion here about putting better lockers and storage containers in those out of reach places to encourage slower play and more exploration: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51848-suggestion-multiple-lockercontainer-tiers/

My friend also suggested providing buffs or bonuses for being close to your fellow Tenno. Maybe a X% boost to drop/exp/etc. for being within X distance of one another.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution did this("this" refering to the balancing of various play styles) perfectly in my opinion. DE might be able to learn a thing or two from that game.

This. We shouldn't be going "BURN THE RUSHERS" we should be going "how can we make not rushing better?"