The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I'm Walking Away From This Game

Kurokazin

I'm sure I'll get a hefty amount of flak from the trolls and DE fanboys, but if people are leaving Warframe the devs should at least know why:

The Grind

DESteve himself has admitted the game is too much of a grind and they're trying to step away from that, but have they really? There's even more grind than ever before, with far lower droprates and incredibly expensive costs across the board. We asked for other materials to be relevant and it was interpreted as "We want to be equally starved for ALL resources!".

I joined a clan the other day just to get some loving from Update 8, and talked to veteran players who sank 9000 Rubedo into our Dojo, and he was talking about needing to donate more... Which brings me to my next reason:

This is a Co-op game, NOT AN MMO

Why on earth the Dojo prices are inflated to be in line with these 500~ player clans is beyond me. You can have a maximum of 4 players in a mission. How does this make sense to you, DE? Competitive Guilds in WoW w/ 25 person raids don't normally have that many people. Guild Wars 2 didn't have guilds of that size and it has server vs server pvp! Literally hundreds of people on one map!

I like playing with my friends, not a bunch of randoms I barely know and have no desire to know. I want to be able to suggest this game to more of my friends with a line like "Yo man, we've got our own clan, clan hall, and everything!" without thinking in the back of my mind that our clan hall constitutes one friggin' room with nothing in it because the prices are staggeringly high.

A 30 person clan should be your pricing target. This is reasonable enough for the tiny 4-8 clan of friends to build their own super-special-treehouse and most guilds/clans/communities that move over from one game to this one will be about or under this size.

In closing

I got 3 warframes to 30. Bought 30-40 weapons. Spent most of my time grinding and only a few hours actually enjoying my time playing. It's so easy to fall into a rhythm with this game and all the Warframes play and feel almost the exact same. I spent 50$ on the game, which I feel is money well spent, by the way. Even if I was hoping to get more play for my buck.

I hope this is a game I can come back to next year, or so. As it is now though, I can't even bring myself to login for daily rewards/awesome ? alerts. People can harp on that "It's in beta!" That's not really relevant when every patch makes the game worse in one way or another, not better. I couldn't bring myself to keep farming before the patch hit. Sure there's new toys but there's also new resources to farm, and you need other resources to use those resources because before you can use those new resources you have to build things in the dojo which require massive amounts of the old resources and GRADSGHDFHRETGKSHTRKHTREKHTRHDSFGDFGD.

Anyway, tried to keep it short and sweet. Community, you can now begin with:

"Wow, I agree with all this, something needs to be done DE!"

"DE IS THE GREATEST EVER AND CAN DO NO WRONG"

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out"

"lolbye"

"LEAVE DE ALONE! LEAVE THEM ALONE! THEY'RE HUMAN BEINGS! ....LEAVE DE SPEARS ALONE RIGHT NOW!"

Edited by 223kazin

/\/\ that last one made me lol.

I totally agree with you but you should try an acount reset when its back up and start fresh.

I created a new character until the reset is back online and im having more fun than i did the first time even with out my prime gear and plat.

It's really no big deal, I know they won't be getting any money from me, and I'm here since January. You just play if you like, when you like, it's not like you'll get anything by having those clan weapons. It will maybe matter if a few months if they change something, but being as it is you can equally well clear everything with a Skana or with a Reaper Prime. The game in itself has no sense, so I see no reason to waste your nerves. There are some really good games beside this one, and I play those too when I don't feel like playing this, so just keep calm :)

/\/\ that last one made me lol.

I totally agree with you but you should try an acount reset when its back up and start fresh.

I created a new character until the reset is back online and im having more fun than i did the first time even with out my prime gear and plat.

Amen. I did the same. Now I'm doing missions again, slowly, trying a lot of things I did't the first time.

About the Clans: I don't know. Never had one, and I don't think I will never joine one. I prefear to play alone, sometime in multiplayer, enjoying missions, history and new things introduced with U8.

i do enjoy the game still even if it can be hell at times. the dojo costs are a bit extreme. maybe someone just needs to pitch the idea of scaling the cost to clan size?

agreed. someone should make a worhtwhile thread about that, and leave this one to rot.