Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Future Of Warframe

KaelubReece

The Future of Warframe

Precedence: I've clocked in 300+ hours, I have a lot of the weapons, all of the warframes (except vauban), and now am putting in work to create the dojo with my clan mates. I've come to realize that i'm starting to get bored with the game. Let me be more detailed.

It just hit me, while trying to farm for the dojo, what is the purpose of farming all of the weapons/warframes/dojo stuff? In other mmo's I farm so that I have the gear to kill the epic bosses and enter awesome dungeons. In pvp based games I get the gear to dominate my opposition. In warframe I get weapons/frames/dojo stuff to..... uhhh.... what again? I can do everything in the game without farming for anything. I can take the stock frame, stock guns, mod them to the extreme and do all the content no problem. So whats the incentive?

I'm certainly not complaining about the weapons, frames, dojo, etc. I think all of the elements are fun, but, I sense that their is no purpose for spending anymore time in the game.

That leads me to my question.

Question: In future updates, will we see a purpose to obtaining all of these upgrades other than "get this more powerful weapon to farm faster".

Question: To be more specific, will their be more challenging bosses that will need strategy to overcome? Or the addition of side quests on maps? Or more awesome indiana jones type "triggered events" like what we find in the void towers?

I feel that if the community had to bring certain mods, for certain levels, we would feel that their is a purpose for obtaining the mods, gear etc. Imagine there are certain areas on the map that, although are not necessary, you could not get to unless you brought a fast frame fully modded with sprint/stamina mods. Or maybe even a secret item on the level that you could only find if you had the treasure mod and the container mod. So you would scour the level for a red container that you would open, but would only be visible if you had the treasure mod. Or even just more challenging bosses with phases or something.

I guess what it comes down to is
Question: What can we look forward to in terms of "end game content" and having a sense of purpose to obtaining all of the awesome gear/frames/etc

I agree, putting Dojo without giving any end-game locations to grind (and please don't tell me that Void missions are end-game content) is kinda... Bad?  We were promised a massive overhaul of boss system, new challenges (Tower III is the only thing that is close to challenge now) and etc. Where is it?

Edited by 3XT3RM1NATUS

Damn well said sir.

While i havent clocked anywhere near your time, nor do i have all the warframes (Only enjoy Rhino really, the other's dont interest me), I share your feelings.

Right now my ONLY driving forces are to check out the new stuff (Void) and to break my character and his weapons. I want to see how powerful i can make them. That's not farming to me, its fun. Same fun I had when breaking things in D&D.

I agree, putting Dojo without giving any end-game locations to grind (and please don't tell me that Void missions are end-game content) is kinda... Bad?  We were promised a massive overhaul of boss system, new challenges (Tower III is the only thing that is close to challenge now) and etc. Where is it?

We need performance fix (game getting really laggy for unknown reason and my rig can run Skyrim with Ultra Graphic Mods at 90+ FPS)

They are overhauling Boss 1 by 1 (Lech Kril is an excellent example. Next is Golem)

I've put in around 125 hours according to steam, but reset once about half-way through. I've never reached end-game, but i assume the whole point of getting better gear is mainly endless defense. It is the one challenge in this game that isn't particularly capped.

But i agree. I have yet to see a real challenge in this game, other than trying to stealth, which has yet to yield any reward.

We need performance fix (game getting really laggy for unknown reason and my rig can run Skyrim with Ultra Graphic Mods at 90+ FPS)

They are overhauling Boss 1 by 1 (Lech Kril is an excellent example. Next is Golem)

Lech Kril was remade. Yes. The Character model looks better, and he has other skills to go along with it. But when I can walk up to him, stand still, take him out in less than 20 seconds solo... I think that does not count as a challenge... nore does it take any skill/tactic/strategy etc. It doesn't have phases.. from what I can tell. As long as you bring the deeps, he goes down in a heart beat without so much as a fuss. At least the giant hyena boss has phases and takes longer to kill despite being decked out in end game gear.

I'm not saying things have to be impossible to accomplish, I just want it to be a little more interesting. Obviously once you understand the boss fight, anything can be put on farm, and this is why i'm looking outside of just bosses. I want other things to be implemented that will be fun.

Haha, I actually find myself in nearly the exact same situation as you. Around 250+ hours,all frames except Vauban, a lot of weapons, and have picked up every single alert BP now except Volt Helm and Vauban Helmet (bp and alt) only to sit here after all this time, think about it, and ask myself "why, exactly, am I doing this?" Looking back with a bunch of maxed frames and weapons that I never even touched again after I hit 30 with them, I'm finding it quite frankly difficult to answer that question and I haven't played much at all since. I've actually only run I think, 2 missions (alerts) since U8. This game is really fun or I wouldn't have put that time in the first place, but we seriously need some late game meta to enjoy that doesn't revolve around farming. And imho, we need it yesterday. I'm honestly surprised they put so much development resources into making the Dojo's so soon when there's so much else that could be focused on to develop the core elements of the game. It just seems like a rather luxurious and superfluous addition that should have been worked on to a greater extent after the game was released out of beta given that the entire core of the game itself is played with only 4 people at a time anyways. *shrug*

So many threads about End-game content, and they're -all- valid and reasonable. We honestly need something more to do with these items that don't need a randomly dropped key to enter. Truly difficult dungeons that would require a full team of well equipped Tenno. Of course, this might be already in the pipeline at DE and they're just waiting for a while.

Let's face it, End-game content will be used up and farmed of all of it's rewards within three days by most of you vets, so they'll need to really bring their A game.

Is the content too easy, or are the players too strong?

I really feel that the mods system got a bit out of control with fusion, potatoes (and now additionnal polarities).

It looks like the mods were supposed to allow players to do some customization and add interesting choices to make, but in the end, we just stack the best mods, brainlessly. And by doing so, we get weapons that trivialize all content...

Maybe itns just that the game is "balanced" to be challenging for unpotatoed wraframes/weapons...

Edited by Mazikeen

Question 1:

not sure yet, you could say it's sitll in the beta, but honestly I don't mind stuff to get stronger upgrades should make you better so there's nothing wrong with it, 

But I think you simply want other content to work to right? let's hope they'll do something like that

Question 2:

Yes, definitely more challenging bosses, the new Lech Kril is the first step to more awesome bosses, though he's still weak, it's a progress in the right direction, DE said themself they want to add more endcontent, and more challenging bosses.

Question 3:

that's still pretty far. But I wish for more challenging bosses (similar to Vindictus or PSO2), although those games are grinders, bosses are still fun,

I also hope for better stealth system and more realistic maps, (for example the Corpus shouldn't always be patrouling, maybe let the corpus live and work on their stuff just to give a better atmosphere)

but honestly that's just hoping, I don't think anyone can tell the future

Edited by SeiraSunmin