Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Bosses Like Lech Kril/ Suggestions On Future Bosses

Boomstick720

So I know this may be old hat, but bear with me for a sec.

I fought the new Lech Kril for the first time recently, and I can safely say he is the best boss in the game right now, at least in terms of the "right mix" of abilities.  It was pretty much the first boss in the game that I thought "felt" like an actual boss, rather than just a reskined enemy with more health and a gimmick or two.  

I liked how I at points felt like I genuinely needed other people to help me, cause his brokk at close range is brutal, and he gets crazy with it after a while of fighting him.  I also liked how his abilities felt like they were actually dangerous, rather than just annoying gimmicks that most bosses have.  Finally, I also liked how he had his own voice and image, rather than just a copy paste of other bosses.  Yes I know its just a little thing, but the little things matter imo.

I know that its likely we'll be seeing more complex bosses in the future, but I guess I wanted to give a few suggestions on how to rework bosses as they are now.

1. J3-Golem

As of now, he is pretty much a just a toxic ancient with a gimmick that really does next to nothing.  My proposal for some reworks of him would be to have not only a pull ability, but have some of saryn's abilities as well, such as contagion and venom.  If Golem is supposed to be poisonous, I'd like to see him with abilities that truly drive this "poison" home.  Make it horrifying to be caught by a pull and poison attack, rather than just a mild inconvenience.  I've seen the concept art on his design rework, so I don't think I need to say anything more on that.

2. Nef Anyo

Pretty much the most forgettable boss in the game IMO.  He is basically a reskinned sniper with an invisibility gimmick that really doesn't do much.  I'd like to see Nef Anyo with abilties like ash or banshee, effectively making him a ghost that you need to hunt down.  Specifically, I'd like to see Nef Anyo with something like Banshee's silence, which could possibly eliminate your hud or obscure your vision, and Ash's smoke screen, rather than just invisibility.  I also think he should have a larger sniper rifle, as well as a a unique helmet that sets him apart easily from the crewmen,

3. Vay Hek

This boss is slightly better then most of the current bosses, but he is still essentially just a grineer with a powerful shotgun and a one time cloning ability (also an obnoxiously fast recharging shield).  My rework of him would have him use his decoys still, but also utilize a lot more deceptive tactics, rather than bullet sponge ones.  Vay Hek is supposedly a corrupt politician, so I think it would better suit him to have more moves based on deception and under handed tactics rather than bullet sponge.  Keeping in mind his status as a "corrupt politician", I think his design should be bombastic or flamboyant.  He is clearly full of himself, why not give him a look that best shows that?

Overall these are just a few suggestions I have from the top of my head.

If you agree, click on that little green arrow on the bottom left of the box so the devs might see, or if you disagree or have suggestions, leave a comment below.

Edited by Boomstick720

"This time teenos, you might of met your match. The Void Guardian Levi has came back from a slight slumber. Assassinate him before he wrecks havoc." - Lotus

That was a just a brief lotus talk for Tower Assassinate II or Tower Assassinate III. In this mission, you'll have to kill Levi. Now, he won't be easy. He can disappear and uses the void environment to his advantage. And he he can summon monsters at his will. I'm still working on how he'd look though. lol.

Rewards

For essentially killing Levi, you have a chance to receive forma or void key pack. If you are able to escape after killing him you'll receive blueprint and 50k + credit.

P.S. Be careful, the stalker might have a void key also.. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

While the Lech Kril boss fight is certainly interesting now, you have to take into account the fact that a large majority of players have to do these bosses multiple times in search of blueprints for new Frames. As someone who nearly killed themselves grinding for Frost, this new change to Lech actually made my skin crawl at the idea of having to do him multiple times in a row. If every boss followed this pattern, it would be murder on those who couldn't afford to buy Frames. That being said, I'm certainly not against the idea of bosses having different abilities and the like, but they shouldn't be overkill.

Edited by EpikEnvy

While the Lech Kril boss fight is certainly interesting now, you have to take into account the fact that a large majority of players have to do these bosses multiple times in search of blueprints for new Frames. As someone who nearly killed themselves grinding for Frost, this new change to Lech actually made my skin crawl at the idea of having to do him multiple times in a row. If every boss followed this pattern, it would be murder on those who couldn't afford to buy Frames. That being said, I'm certainly not against the idea of bosses having different abilities and the like, but they shouldn't be overkill.

In all honesty though, I'd rather fight a boss that is challenging multiple times, over fighting a bullet sponge enemy that is just boring and grindtastic.  Trust me, I know the pain of grinding a boss to get all the blueprints, as I must have killed tyl regor to get ash at least 40 times.  However, I feel that making bosses more unique would help alleviate the pain of grinding the bosses now.

I think one alternative is that bosses should be overall more difficult, but should gurantee a valuable drop when you defeat them.  While that probably won't fix the problem of someone getting like 50 helmet blueprints and missing a system, it would fix the agony of wasting time on a boss only to get a true steel mod and ferrite.

Edited by Boomstick720