Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can The Dof And Motion Blur Be Seperated?

The_Markness

Enabling DOF/Motion Blur also enables a third option: Post Processing (this is seen as a distortion effect when swinging a sword, picking up a mod, Shade's levitate, to name a few examples). I would love to see all three separated into individual options:

1. Depth of Field

2. Motion Blur

3. Post-Processing effects

Also possibly a 4th effect that's also enabled with DOF/Motion Blur - distance Fog. The way the Fog is implemented in WF is really odd, it's way too thick and I can't stand it. Turning off DOF restores distance vision but enabling it suddenly reduces visibility severely past several meters (seems to be worse in some missions more than others). It would be far preferable to have these options all seperated out so the player can tailor personal settings to their preference rather than the current all or nothing approach.

I'd place it as a medium or medium-high priority task for the devs, as the Evolution Engine is known to them so well it should be relatively easy to implement.

Im going to bump this because I feel this topic needs some addressing. Why are the PPE, DOF, and Motion blur tied to the same object? 

You have awesome effects used in Motion Blur...but the Motion Blur is kinda cruddy...which makes it difficult to appreciate. If you absolutely CAN NOT split these categories up, then why not make a motion blur slider that lowers the motion blur?

Enabling DOF/Motion Blur also enables a third option: Post Processing (this is seen as a distortion effect when swinging a sword, picking up a mod, Shade's levitate, to name a few examples)

That's actually 'refraction', though you could call it distortion. (It adds an interesting effect in the Void mission lobby.)

Post-processing is anything that does additional work on a final, captured image.  In games it's not really an appropriate term because it's not a 'final' image until it's sent to your monitor , but the term still gets used anyway in some cases.  Not to mention there are silly techniques like deferred rendering, where nearly everything you see is post-processing applied to a blank canvas.