Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Semi-Passive Resource Gain.

Valix

So lately there has been alot of complaints about the resource requirements of things implemented in update 8 and alot of requests to lower these costs, My suggestion would be to keep the resource limits around the same but implement alternate ways of gaining resources.

The basis of my suggestion works around Semi random passive resource gain using a NPC system, This system could tie into the dojo structure or be automatic.

I think a system like this is important not just for character progression but as a backing to the concept of the Tenno, We are suppose to be Ninja's not pirates and the idea that our only motivation when doing mission is to bring back every item the enemy posses feels kinda of weak, I always envisioned the Tenno having access to a wide community of people who each preform roles to serve the greater purpose on and off the front lines who would deal with problems like these ( but is my own opinion and not an exact state of the lore).

The concept is as follows ( it is an early concept for feed back purposes no hard numbers etc)

---------------------------------
To start you need to buy or produce a basic drone/s, these drones would have their own stat system and are used outside of missions.

Once you have some drones you then can send them off into a system to gather resources automatically, the system chosen would determine the base types of resources you can receive as well as the success rate and risk.

After a set period of time (most likely a 24 hour period) the drones will return and report the resources they have gathered, Random factors can trigger which effect the success and quantity of resources returned, A good run would result in a high yield and a bad result may result in the loss of a drone or no resources found.
Also possible to add in other random item rewards on a low chance, like Ammo boxes, blueprints and keys ( similar to the log in reward)

The values to begin with would be low, but with time and investment you would progress to smarter stronger drones allowing for larger amounts of resources as well as the over all number of drones you can send out at one time would increase and higher success rates in harder systems.

These increasing values could once again be tied into the dojo structure and research.

That is the basic concept of the idea.

Pro's of this system are.
-- Cuts down on some of the heavy farm requirement.
-- Gives the Tenno more personality past loot pirates that only kill for the enemy for resources.

-- Enables something else to do at log on and diversifies the game.

-- Would require less art assets making development time for the system short ( since the drone work is off screen, u only need a UI to access the system )

Con's
-- Depending on how early the system was accessible could have accounts made just to abuse the system
-- May push up item prices in the future if the system is too efficient.

Con's

-- Depending on how early the system was accessible could have accounts made just to abuse the system.

Rank 4 only. Problem solved, since you don't get Rank 4 that fast, or even higher rank

+1 in the overall

Edited by Endrance

This is interesting, but those are some worrying cons

I agree thats why I wanted to list them because they have the potential to really alter the future of the game, But they are things that are solved with good implementation And it doesn't hurt to start small.

The beauty of a system that works on a real time clock is that it the data you can obtain from how the system is working is at fixed intervals and you can make alterations or completely remove it before it can get out of hand.