Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Dojo Room - Weapons Testing Room

ArsVampyre

I've seen it before and quite agree, it would be nice if we could 'try before we buy' with weapons. Maybe a room that goes all white and spawns basic grineer lancers for no xp or drops (fake mob) so you can test weapons on it?

I also think it would be even better if any weapon in the game could be tried here, even if it wasn't available to the player otherwise. So a new weapon comes out, you can go into the testing room, try it out, and see if you'd even want to get it or not.

I also think it would be nice if it let you see the specifics of the weapon, i.e. the polarity on the slots and the other information provided in the Arsenal screen for the weapon.

It would be better IMO to have a training dummy that registers DPS so in addition to trying out a perspective weapon you can also try out different mod combos and see how they effect the over all damage your weapon spits out.

Edited by Carcharias

I read in the livestream documentary thread that they wont implement a "try before buy" system. But id still like that room. Maybe you could choose between different targets ? Snipe a grineer roller in a small cage to reduce your anger ?

Edited by corpseshock

Would love it so you can research different dummies like a Heavy Grineer or Ancient to be able to be a dummy.

This could also be done with weapons- nearly all weapons reverse engineered in the labs so you can grab the blueprints at any time. Primes excluded.

For example in order to be able to purchase Glaive from the Clan vaults at any time - 10 blueprints and 15 Forma must be researched and the clan will now be able to sell that blueprint whenever.

Whenever a blueprint is learned the weapon gets added to the test site so it may be tried out by any in the Clan.

Or this idea can be shrunk down so its a cost of 5 Forma and 5 Blueprints in order to stock the weapon in the Clan Vault for testing.

That would be nice but in reality we just need a target on the wall to give us bare bones numbers so we can compare the end effects of diffent mod combos. When does speed trigger outweigh wagazine warp and how does fast hands effect my overall DPS over the space of an extend engagement? Right now all we can do is guess. I guess fast hands is worth it on the gorgon as opposed to magazine warp, but if I had a DPS target I should see the numbers for myself to prove or disprove this hypothesis.

Edited by Carcharias