Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Suggestions/issues

Pathyriel

I love the new dojos, but there are a few things that could be improved.

First, the host migration problem. I understand that DE can't run servers for all the dojos, so they have to be player hosted. But when the host leaves I often get kicked to the multiplayer screen. I guess this is a problem on all maps, but it matters more in the dojo because it happens constantly.

Next, It's easy to get lost in the dojo, we need a full size map or some way to alter visuals in the rooms to make navigating easier. All the hallways look the same, If we could color them or post a sign or something it would really help, and it would add to the uniqueness of the dojo.

Along with the uniqueness idea - we need a way to show what clan we're in. Say what you will about WOW, but you could have a guild crest which you could show off. Right now joining a guild is about getting access to a dojo, but doesn't add to our individuality. If we could have a decal on our frames with our guild crest, or maybe a banner we could drop like in Diablo 3.

It would be great if we could access our foundry / market / arsenal / contacts inside the dojo. I realize these things we're never designed to be accessed during missions, but leaving and re-entering the dojo is a bit of a pain. Let's say you want to contribute forma to a room - you have to leave, buy/build it, re-enter the dojo and then run back to where the room is. It's all a bit of a hassle.

Finally, getting into the dojo is an odd proccess. I get the Key metaphor, but we should have a dedicated button to get straight in, without the selecting, and staging parts.

Overall it's a good start with a lot of potential, there are just a few logistical problems that still need to be worked out.