Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Polarity Types And Options For Builds

Timmuk

I wrote a quick question about this for the livestream but I have a better chance at looting a Latron Prime Receiver than it getting bought up lol

The basic idea is to add in new polarity options for slots on both weapons and warframes to add more depth and customization.... and as I see it right now, if I get 5 of my weapon slots a polarity, I wont need to use a forma on the last two or three as I will have all the points I need to fit everything I want at max ranks by then.....

Some Ideas on new Polarity Types

Permanent Fusion Core Slot

Polarity slot that instead of reducing the cost of the mod, it would boost the power of the slotted mod by say 10-15%, or maybe count as one rank higher and allowing you to take the mod above normal max, IE Hellfire on your Rifle at rank 5 would add 105% fire damage instead of 90% fire damage if placed in a Fusion Core Slot.

The mod would still cost you full points, and a forma as the only way to change the slot type.....for technical issues warframe abilities should be exempt from this slot type, only pure stat boosting mods

Also for balance issues you could have the mod price become full + 1 instead of just full price.

Duel Slot

A Polarity that could allow two mods to be slotted in the same slot, each need to have the same polarity type on the mod itself, each will cost you 50% of points needed, but each mod only gives 40% of bonus it normally would.

For example Vital Sense and Point Strike share a slot, both fully ranked, total mod slot costs 10 (5 for each mod slotted) this slot now adds 48% increase crit chance, and 60% crit damage

May not always be a great option for your builds but if you have 7 slots you know you want, and not sure what to put in the last, it could be a way to get a bit of both.....

Imbue Energy

A slot for warframe ability powers, does not reduce mod point cost, but doubles the amount of energy needed to use that power for a 33% increase in damage and duration

If slotted the power will always cost double, no way to "cast" at the lesser unmodified power, unless you change polarity back. Not efficient for energy consumption overall but a great way to customize a build and base it around a power you really wish to improve

It would be similar to having Stretch and Focus but only for that one power, and cost a ton more energy....this of course would stack with Stretch and Focus though

For balance issues may want ability to cost Full + 1 mod points

(numbers can be changed as needed for balance, but more options would be fun and more uses for forma)

What do you think? Any other ideas for new slot types that could add more options for builds?