Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Tutorial

Lilybun

I remember hearing that you were looking into the tutorial a while back (i think it was in one of the livestreams). You had a high dropoff rate of players during the tutorial, higher than you were hoping for at least

It got me thinking what really makes a good tutorial. I'm sure you as professionals have a lot more of knowledge of  this than me but watching this ( http://youtu.be/BWFzFsHc75U?t=3m22s ) really got me hoping you do well with it. I admit dropping a lot of games due to them having a terrible tutorial that I just couldn't be bothered to finish. When I tried to get a friend of mine into this game he couldn't be bothered to continue through with the lotus telling her things over and over again in the starmap menu (he just alt+f4 that time). He wasn't much into the game after he came back and did a few levels with me afterwards so it wasn't all just bad first impressions but the tutorial didn't really help. There's no way I can replay the tutorial now and I can't remember much of it and that's probably a bad thing. If I remember correctly it was in the white simulation space, this opens a wold of possibilites what you can do with it - obstacles, gunplay, skills, ciphers... basically anything that is in the game

Another friend of mine said something in the lines of "whoa there's a lot of things on the UI" when he first time got to main starmap menu as he went and clicked the foundry open. It never really occured to me how many things there really is for a new player to see. I'd recommend you to hide the foundry for example until the player gets their first blueprint from capitain vor. At that point the button could pop up and tell the player that there are blueprints and such in this game rather than being a confusing empty menu for a new player

As I said, I'm sure you can cook up something nice for the tutorial and new player experience in general, I just thought I'd give my own point of view as a player of how things are now