Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weekend Event Improvements

Sageofbattle

After the Moa Army event, I began thinking of ways to improve such events in the future. While the Frost Prime BP was a welcome reward, many complained over the fact that they did not have an opportunity to play on said weekend and thus missed out on the reward. How do you fix this? One game that has such events down well is Mass Effect 3, and they have that allows all players to share in the community's success. Let's take a look at an example.

Operation Privateer

Cerberus’s hit-and-run attacks in the Terminus Systems have tied down a disproportionate number of local fighting ships and operations...... (See link for full description http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/21/operation-privateer/)

Individual Goal: Earn 50,000 points versus any enemy with shields on any map, at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches.

Allied Goal: Complete 50,000 cumulative total extractions of Batarian, Vorcha, or Turian characters.

Individual Goal Success: All individual players awarded a Commendation Pack (contains unique weapons) and Corsair banner

Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack and the potential max capacity for Ops Survival Kit will be increased to 6.

Notice the two goal tiers. One is meant for the individual, while the other is done by the community as a whole. This system has two benefits. Firstly, players who have the time on the weekend are able to earn themselves a unique reward, in ME3's case a unique weapon, giving them something to show off to others as proof of effort. The community goal, on the other hand, gives players without time the chance to gain some benefit from the community's effort by getting a lesser reward.

With this two tier system in mind, Warframe has the opportunity to take this one step further with clan goals. These goals, in my idea scenario, would benefit the clan directly, not just the members. I will discuss actual rewards down below, but for now, here is the Moa Army event redone in the same form as ME3.

The Moa Army has landed!

It has been discovered that the Corpus have managed to integrate powerful Orokin weapons into their Moa proxies...... (Longer description goes here)

Individual goal: Kill 10 Fusion Moas and successfully extract 5 times

Clan Goal: Kill 50 Fusion Moas on each Corpus mission on Europa

Community Goal: Kill 1000000 Fusion Moas

Individual Reward: All players who complete the individual goal will receive a Orokin reliquary and a powerful Orokin artifact (AKA Frost Prime BPs).

Clan Reward: Clans with less than 100 members will recieve a Dojo token. Clans with more than 100 members will recieve 10,000 of each material deposited into their vault, usable to build rooms and assist with research.

Community Goal: Each player recieves a Tenno supply pack.

Now for a quick explanation of the rewards. These are all just examples, but could be anything the developers want

The Orokin Reliquary could contain a collection of exclusive weapons or mods. A small example of what could be rewards, either as blueprints or as actual, fully built items:
- Reaper Prime
- Latron Prime
- Thunderbolt
- Master Thief
The list could get longer and longer as more prime weapons get introduced. This could even also include Vandal weapons (though not the Braton or Lato Vandals, as those are exclusives)

The Dojo Token could help solve some of the problems with smaller clans. Each token could be used to construct a room for the dojo without needing to collect resources, making it more feasible for smaller clans to survive. For larger clans, the extra resources could give them a much needed boost, but also not remove the need for clan members to contribute to the greater whole.

A Tenno Supply pack could contain simlar rewards to the Alert Missions, but with an increased chance for Catalyst and Reactor Blueprints. Again, while this allows for everyone to benefit from the weekend, it leaves the dedicated players with something to boast about.

I'm still refining this in my mind, but for now, thoughts and ideas on how to improve this would be appreciated.

Edited by Sageofbattle