Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small Clans.

CharlesSnippy

Most of you will come into this thread expecting another "it's too hard to get resources as a small clan" spiel. I'm here to say something a little different. As a member of an extremely small clan (under ten members) I can assure you that making a dojo isn't impossible. It is however, difficult. We've built a cross section and begun work on a reactor since the update went live. Progress is slow but steady and once we have the reactor, oracle, and energy labs built we'll have acquired most of what we wanted for our dojo. While I agree that it is far too slow going, it isn't impossible and it doesn't lock everything behind a clan gate. Nearly half of our resources were contributed by a single guy. 

Incidentally, that same guy had a pretty good suggestion as to how dojo scaling based on clan size could work. With each new member of the clan added, the resource cost of rooms would go up, but not be so much that it would be more advantageous to have smaller numbers. This way, small clans could actually have a chance to build everything, and the tens of thousands of people in the larger clans wouldn't be complaining that they've already finished building everything.

That's pretty much the same idea I had. Some people raised concern regarding possible exploits such as people joining after a single person built the dojo to minimize costs, which then led to suggestions such as taxing the new members before they can use the dojo, which seems like a pretty good solution to me.

+1 in any case

Hadn't thought of that, incidentally, they should make the clan key incrementally more expensive as the dojo it unlocks get bigger. Problem solvered. Though that said, the system my friend suggested makes having larger clans still give an advantage, it just prevents the whole "to slow for small clans, to fast for large clans" problem.