Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Skills And The Mod Drop Rate Tweaking

Darkwave5

A few basises for this argument before i present the argument itself.:

1) From my understanding, every frame once built will come with a set of it's skill mods.

2) The game will not let you sell/fuse the last remaining copy of a skill for a frame you own

3) Frame mods, like all others, have a rarity ranking

The Idea:

Lower the likelyhood of skill mods dropping, or remove them entirely.

The Reasoning:

There is simply no need for them, as you can never get rid of the existing ones you can actually use there is no need to be able to replace them, so as they are now all they're doing is greatly polluting the drop tables to reduce the likelyhood of a useful mod dropping in favor of one that may as well be a core, as it will only be used for upgrading other mods.

The Drawback:

Little to none. Players would find useful weapon and universal frame mods more often, which can still be used to upgrade other mods just like the skill ones, but are far less focused and thus useful to a wider group.

As a game who's primary "meta" is grinding mods to get better mods, removing this "fluff" may reduce some of the replayability or time investment of players to achieve this goal.

Side thoughts:

Some people spend DAYS of played time trying to get specific rare mods, ones that would have a much higher drop rate if the skill mods were toned back or removed. This would then leave the argument "well now they're less rare", but I would then ask "why is that bad?".

I for one got extremely lucky, and found both a hell's chamber and a focus with roughly 24 hours played time post reset, though at the same time i've yet to find a point blank mod which is far less rare. However on any given night of play I average 10-20 uncommon/rare skill mods that in all honesty are of little to no use to me as they're worth next to nothing in fusion and dont fill any needed roll, i would gladly trade 300 of my skill drops for just one useful rifle/shotgun/pistol mod.

And how should I then get Ability cards on multiple levels?

I like to have the Abilitys on rank 0 and rank max

hhhmmm, valid argument i guess, though this would still be a non-issue if they were reduced instead of removed. When i can get 4 energy vampires in a 10 round defense the drop priority is too high in my book.

Eh, i don't think they should be removed completely, but as it is now, they are too common for sure.
I am pretty sure that i have more Fireballs, Freeze, Well of Lifes, Slash Dash, Speed, than any other mods.

hhhmmm, valid argument i guess, though this would still be a non-issue if they were reduced instead of removed. When i can get 4 energy vampires in a 10 round defense the drop priority is too high in my book.

That wouldnt be a problem for me :)

I myself dont like to get so many ability cards, just leave the chance to get them. IMO they drop way too often from Corpus and Greener even though Invested should have the highest drop rate on them.

fusion cores, doesn't take many -at all- to max abilities.

Ehm then I would be left with only 1 card, but i want to have 2 to exchange depending on how I mod my frame I might have 1 point left and will put in a rank 0 ability, anotherday I do something else and want the same ability in there at the highest rank.