Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips To The Modding System.

Lukap99

So I was thinking... What could DE possibly add to the modding system to make it more useful... or less annoying. And then, it hit me.

Why can't I equip mods to other weapons/warframes even if they are already equipped to another?

No, seriously. Think about it.

After I thought a little bit I found that there is NOTHING from keeping the DEV's from implementing this feature. In fact, it makes the game better (or just less annoying).

Imagine this: You and your buddies are done with a corpus mission. The corpus stood no chance against your dual fangs, modded with a fire,ice and electric mod. After finising the last corpus mission you move on to a infested level/stage/mission. You remember reading that 1. Fire mods work best against infested. and  2. The fangs do not do well against them. But thankfully you have a heat sword you got from an "?" alert mission. As you enter the modding screen on your heat blade, you come to a realisation that your only fire mod is on your dual fangs, not to mention that you only have 15 seconds left to get them de-equiped from your fangs and equiped to your heat sword... Do you see where I am going with this?

This feature completly ELIMINATES the need to switch mods from one weapon to another. As you can't use multiple meele weapons at once, there is no need to worry about accidently multipying mods.

Sentinels could be an exception however. Or maybe just add a warning that this mod is already equiped to another weapon.

Phew. That was quite a lot of text. Oh, and before I forget, I thought up of another feature to add to the modding system.

Mods should be put in stacks in the modding screen.

Why? Because it takes up less space. And when your fusing mods you can just right click or something to expand that stock to multiple slots to see each individual mods and thier ranks, Like oppening a little window that hovers over that mod slot.

If I think of anything else I'll add it to the list. Feel free to critique my ideas, as it only helps improve the game. Until then, adios!

Edited by Lukap99

There are a lot of small, crisp fixes they could do within the game to make it cleaner, like what you described. The shop is a mess as well. I support anything that makes the game cleaner. Even though it's in beta, it's good for DE to hear that we care about these things.

The idea is kinda good... But that would take launch some problems like duplicated mods, no mod capacity and others... What they could make is some kind of Short-cut or a hotkey to favorite weapons with a mod list already, then you only would need to click on that Favorited Gear Setup and automatically equip all weapons/mods/warframes from that setup

The idea is kinda good... But that would take launch some problems like duplicated mods, no mod capacity and others... What they could make is some kind of Short-cut or a hotkey to favorite weapons with a mod list already, then you only would need to click on that Favorited Gear Setup and automatically equip all weapons/mods/warframes from that setup

They are working on customized loadout AFAIK. If we had an "unequip all mods" button, and mod loadouts available from the inventory screen, that would basically do the same thing.

You mean like the loadouts in TF2? Cool. That design works too.