The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In-Game Chat Is Broken. Help?

(XBOX)Zippo Astaroth

Question

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

For the last three days my chat has been almost completely broken, Its happened once before but did correct itself after a few hours the first and second times it happened. (Weeks ago)

Black chatbox. little spinning loading circle in left corner.

Tried hard resetting Xbox One like 3 times. Change characters, rezoned, played the game a bit for the last 3 days. No Chat

Going to Dojo, trading with someone will bring up THEIR chat name, but i get spammed with "Failed to connect to chat server"

Its not me. 150mbps internet connection, no problems, xbox is on the DMZ.

Before someone tells me too "Search the forums you idiot RAWWRRR you - im perfect and know everything"

I did give it a 10 minute search and yeilded nothing valuable.

I work 2 full time jobs and dedicate time every week to help disabled veteran. My time is precious and id like to spend what little of it i have playing and not searching 10 hours of  useless and outdated forum information.

5 answers to this question

This may be a connection problem. Maybe your internet is not working that well. This could also be due to the Xbox One servers for PS4. Anyways the servers seem fine so I would try again. If you can't seem to connect still, I would contact DE support and address your issue to them.

DE Support: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com

----

I wish the best of luck and hope you get your chat abilities back!

Sometimes connection issues can happen with areas and systems when connecting to DE's servers, we had one on PC a while back. Don't worry though, it should clear itself up after a while. If it doesn't, then I'd repost this in aat least 5 days time to state the problem again, and note that it's been going on or a while.