The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Day In The "life" Of Limbo (The Short Comic) + Marquess (The Warframe Concept) - Feedback And Suggestions Most Welcome (Updated 15 Jan 2016)

Artemicia

More rift frames please, it's kinda amusing to see an entire dimension be completely untouched...oh right, this frame doesn't do anything with the rift, so it's garba...wait, a POKER FRAME? Count me in!

Jokes aside, trusting RNGsus with the powers of a frame is kind of scare given how nice He is to us during our void runs. Just make his abilities work off the card suit rather than the card number. Also, include a shuffling mechanic that allows him to either refund some energy or recast the skill for free if he doesn't want the current suit pls.

Jokes aside, trusting RNGsus with the powers of a frame is kind of scare given how nice He is to us during our void runs. Just make his abilities work off the card suit rather than the card number. Also, include a shuffling mechanic that allows him to either refund some energy or recast the skill for free if he doesn't want the current suit pls.

Good comment :)

Actually, that one on RNG is true when it comes to the void - and I am a victim myself (lol, had to run 40 T2Sabs just to get a single Trinity Prime part)

His first ability is technically a game of luck, so I'm thinking of having the first ability costing low enough energy for quick drawing and dispatching to compensate RNG's not-so-good reputation (or if there's a better algorithm than RNG that can be applied...)

I was actually considering the first ability augment depend on suit as is the general case of most of his abilities, but I was thinking, "Hey, there's still the Jack and the Queen to consider", so I placed special effects on the highest card values. I also think it's better that way so that all suits will benefit from added bonuses to power strength, duration and range.

But then again, I may be corrected XD

More rift frames please, it's kinda amusing to see an entire dimension be completely untouched...oh right, this frame doesn't do anything with the rift, so it's garba...wait, a POKER FRAME? Count me in!

Oh, rift-based frames? Maybe this can help :P

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/535355-character-and-warframe-idea-the-hermit-and-her-disciples-working-name-the-kannagi-with-concept-art/

Edited by Artemicia

Update: Added a new centerpiece for the Marquess.

warframe%20idea%20-%20marquess%20centerp

And in case you're wondering, Marq's pistol in this piece is what I referred to in a previous post as the Harmonia. And, yes, it's called Harmonia because first, it refers to the Greek goddess of harmony and order (Marq is pretty touchy when it comes to the idea of order - to the extent that his wardrobe is very neatly packed), and second, yes, it's a harmonica gun XD

• 2 months later...

A new year, got some new breaks from work, and thus a good time to add things for the Marquess :)

Here's a working concept for one of Marq's signature weapons that was designed by one of his "friends" at his home plane: the Harmonia.

warframe%20concept%20-%20marquess%20harm

As you guys and gals might notice, the name is taken from Harmonia, the Greek goddess of order. But, of course, the name is very much close to the musical instrument because, well, it is indeed a harmonica gun XD

Marq believes that battles should be short and decisive, and the Harmonia is perhaps the best testament to that philosophy: ending the target (game animal... or enemy) with a single shot on the weak spot, or as few shots as possible if it is big game that is being talked about. The weapon boasts high puncture and impact damage and a very high critical chance is intended to allow for red critical damage with the proper mods.

Its awesome firepower does come at a high price, of course, manifested by a terrible recoil that causes the aim to shake for a few seconds before having Steady Hands. The bullets used in the Harmonia are pretty heavy as well, as they are not standard Grineer, Corpus or Tenno munitions, allowing only for a reserve up to 90. The Harmonia doesn't deal any slash-type damage, making it rather wasteful to use against the Infestation. And it only has 15% chance at dealing status effects, thus elemental builds may not work well on it (unless the Perrin Sequence has some brilliant ideas for it...).

• 2 weeks later...