Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Another Map Idea [No Minimap, Big-Scale Map]

Aztekamx

WARNING: MY ENGLISH IS NOT PERFECT :P BUT I'LL DO MY BEST! Thanks.

Well, obviously this isn't the first time that someone posts an idea for an ingame big-scale map, appart from the minimap. As you guys know, it's veeery annoying when you, or someone in your party gets lost in the inmensity of some levels in Warframe. Sometimes, despite of having an orange marker in the minimap, you still get lost (and you know it's true :P). That's the reason why a big-scale map would be a pretty nice tool to avoid getting lost, delaying the team, and maybe having a few headaches. Well, my idea is simple, I propose something similar to Hack 'n Slash games (or Diablo-style games), a transparent map in the center of your screen. But wait, you might be thinking 'but having a revealed map in your screen will make the game boring because you'd know where you have to go!' <--- just no. The idea is to have a map that constantly updates and reveals zones where you haven't been until you get to them. Let's show some examples:

056_06_diablo_2_map.jpg Diablo 2 map example

056_03_diablo_2_map.jpg Another example

map.png Path of Exile style map

That's it. But it doesn't end here, because I think it would be a bit annoying if you had a 3d-styled map in the centre of your screen, so my final idea would be something more 2d-ish, like this:

Lyceum_map.jpg

Now, let's apply my '2d big-scale map' idea, with the constant update as you go through the level, to Warframe. These are my 'concepts' of how my idea would look:

Vt91G28.jpg

9c52O72.jpg

U6gPyos.jpg

Notice how the arrow (that represents the player) stays in the middle of the screen while moving through the level, and how new areas are 'discovered' in the map. Well, at least I tried to make it as real as possible, but this could be improved by DE.

So, that's basically what I'm proposing. It's simple, it's efficient, and we need it. With nothing more to add, thank you if you read all this bullS#&$ for some, and genius for others thread.

Feel free to make suggestions and post your opinions! They are welcomed. See you ingame!

Edited by Aztekamx

Sadly, once you get used to the tilesets, which only really takes a couple of runs, this will be useless. But anyway, +1 support, as long as you can toggle it on and off, as having even a barely visible, mostly transparent map like that on constantly can be extremely annoying.