Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Something With The Upnp Please, I Beg You..

Tstomix

The reason for this is my father can't enable UPnP due to other settings he has made on the router, with his cameras, etc. It doesn't work anyways when I try enabling UPnP and forwarding my ports, and it is utterly stupid tht the only way you can see friends, join parties is this. I'm not trying to be mean, but this hurts the my performance, and my gameplay a lot.... One of my friends can't get his to work either, so I beg you, put Warframe on dedicated servers, or something.

Why would you need UPnP enabled if your going to forward your ports anyway? can't you enable UPnP in your routers options? I don't have it enabled in-game and have no problems at all.

Dedicated servers would be nice though.

For UPnP to work you need to forward your ports with the 3960 & 3962, plus UPnP was enabled in the first place, and still doesn't work, and it's a new router, fully updated. there shouldn't be any problems.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, and if I sound like I'm doing it wrong, could you lead me through the steps?

Edited by Tstomix

Well my knowledge of UPnP is that you don't need to do any port forwarding if it is enabled. Doesn't matter if your router is new, they don't always have UPnP enabled right out of the box, which may possibly be the problem. Go into your router settings and look for an option to enable it from there.

Edited by DanPaul7

If you are using UPnP then you don't need to forwards ports. I don't know fully how UPnP works, but I'm pretty sure the port forwarding you are currently seeing is the forwarding required for UPnP itself to work, not the forwarding that you want for the game. I didn't look for very long but here's a page that explains a little bit (I don't know what this tixati program is.. http://www.tixati.com/optimize/router-port-forward.html)

Assuming UPnP is disabled (actually everything below should work even if it is enabled), then you just need to forward the games ports to your computer. But your computer needs a static IP address. So you need to figure out what domain your router is using and setup your computer to use an ip address there. If you log into your router under "192.168.0.1" then you can usually set your computers IP address to "192.168.0.10" - or similar, or if your router is 192.168.1.1 then try using 192.168.1.10. Then you go to your routers port forwarding section and tell it to forward the games ports (listed in the game's settings) to your computers IP address. You only need to select "UDP" and not "UDP and TCP", and do not select "TCP only" on the forwarding section. The page I linked above tells you how to change your computers IP address

Static IP's ensure that your computer always uses the same address. Issues can arise if you set your IP address to a range that the router is set to use to hand out to computers that don't have static IP addresses--a lot of routers are set to use 100-255 such as this: 192.168.0.100 through 192.168.0.255 (or maybe it was 254.. doesn't matter). When your turn on a computer without a static IP it asks your router for one. If you manually set your computer to 192.168.0.100, and your dad turns on his computer it will ask the router for an IP and the router will give your dads computer the first one it thinks is available which is 192.168.0.100 (usually) - and now you have an issue because two computers on the network have the same IP. So look under the DHCP section of your router to see what IP range it uses to hand out, and don't set your own computers IP to that range. But keep the first 3 decimals the same (192.168.0 or 192.168.1 usually). Use the page above I linked to determine what subnet mask you need to put in (usually 255.255.255.0, but not always), and the default gateway and dns server are almost gauranteed to need to be the same IP as your router (as the link above shows).

Hope this helps. If you screw something up really bad then do the paper clip reset on the router and ask your dad to change whatever settings he had to change the day he bought the router again. And if any of this sounds crazy and you feel nervous then don't touch it and pay someone $100 an hour to come out and do it for you (but really if you bought the router and got it to work enough till you got the game then you can paperclip reset it and do the same things you did when you bought it and it will be working as good as it was).

Edited by .PiTHON.

Some users have suggested that without any changes to their hardware or software, warframe has UPDATED, and this UPNP problem has occoured.   

This is an active problem and a solution has been posted by DE here

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/entries/22960567-StrictNAT-All-my-friends-contact-list-shows-up-as-offline

Please note this has still NOT permanately fixed my problems either, they seem to RE-APPEAR again.

The more tickets they can get, the more they can see that it is a problem, and hopefully find a fix to the problem.

PLEASE attach as much information about your system as you can to the ticket.    READ THIS BEFORE submitting 

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/entries/22884986-What-information-should-I-give-when-submitting-a-ticket-

Bennyworld

This only seems to affect some players so either it is our ISP, software on our PC, or Hardware that is affected due to one of the updates.  

But as i said it is something specific, so again, could be any of the above and tracking down a INTERMITTENT error is a PAIN in the @$$.

Thats why I suggested anyone with the problem log a ticket, with ALL RELEVANT INFO so that DE can track it down

Assuming UPnP is disabled (actually everything below should work even if it is enabled), then you just need to forward the games ports to your computer. But your computer needs a static IP address. So you need to figure out what domain your router is using and setup your computer to use an ip address there. If you log into your router under "192.168.0.1" then you can usually set your computers IP address to "192.168.0.10" - or similar, or if your router is 192.168.1.1 then try using 192.168.1.10. Then you go to your routers port forwarding section and tell it to forward the games ports (listed in the game's settings) to your computers IP address. You only need to select "UDP" and not "UDP and TCP", and do not select "TCP only" on the forwarding section. The page I linked above tells you how to change your computers IP address

Static IP's ensure that your computer always uses the same address. Issues can arise if you set your IP address to a range that the router is set to use to hand out to computers that don't have static IP addresses--a lot of routers are set to use 100-255 such as this: 192.168.0.100 through 192.168.0.255 (or maybe it was 254.. doesn't matter). When your turn on a computer without a static IP it asks your router for one. If you manually set your computer to 192.168.0.100, and your dad turns on his computer it will ask the router for an IP and the router will give your dads computer the first one it thinks is available which is 192.168.0.100 (usually) - and now you have an issue because two computers on the network have the same IP. So look under the DHCP section of your router to see what IP range it uses to hand out, and don't set your own computers IP to that range. But keep the first 3 decimals the same (192.168.0 or 192.168.1 usually). Use the page above I linked to determine what subnet mask you need to put in (usually 255.255.255.0, but not always), and the default gateway and dns server are almost gauranteed to need to be the same IP as your router (as the link above shows).

I think this is the problem, because we have Dynamic IP's.. but I'll try everything said on this thread, I hope it works, thanks.

Thanks for all of you trying to help too!

Have you tried getting your friend(s) to join a Hamachi server with you? That fixed the problem for a number of my friends who were having similar issues (be it they couldn't connect to me, or that we couldn't even see one another online).

Have you tried getting your friend(s) to join a Hamachi server with you? That fixed the problem for a number of my friends who were having similar issues (be it they couldn't connect to me, or that we couldn't even see one another online).

Could oyu give me more information on setting up a Hamachi Server? That may work tbh.

Could oyu give me more information on setting up a Hamachi Server? That may work tbh.

Google and download Hamachi LogMeIn, install it, create a new network, give the name/password to your friends.

Sadly, without paying each network can only hold five people at a time, so be aware you may need more than one network created over time. Either way, hope it helps.