The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rifle Weapons look Ancient! Not SciFi AT ALL

MetaMortred

Except Gorgon every other weapon looks out of time. What do I mean? the Sniper! (Snipetron) looks like a weapon from 20th century, not even today the snipers look that basic. What you need to make for sniper is something like this:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/14434/453610-sniper_rifle_super.jpg

Give it a scifi spin! I understand you want to use bullets but the weapon looks positively ancient!

Burston should look like this:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/033/2/0/Speed_painted_sci_fi_rifle_by_torvenius.jpg

Latron should look like this:

http://screens.latestscreens.com/pc/screenshots/fray/HF-Gruber-Assault-Rifle-Concept.jpg

The current weapons are BORING, Im really sorry to say this but it is. Why do you think Mass Effect and Borderlands become so popular? I promise it is not for the plot. You have the best gameplay possible but without the right weapons . . . it can damage the reputation, the reviewers are going have a field day with this.

I hope you guys understand that I do this out of love. What I dont understand is that the Pistols are all right, they look good and they kinda fit. But the rifles? not at all.

Who ever did the pistols ask him to do the rifles as well. They all need rework. This is very very important since its everyone main weapon.

Like megaman? lol

Somewhat like megaman... but obviously removable and able to be switched with secondary weapons. I kinda have an idea of a bio-mechanical symbiosis that curls around and latches on to the arm when the player puts their hand back to grab the weapon. And when returning the weapon to their back, the weapon uncurls and latches onto the back of the warframe.

Somewhat like megaman... but obviously removable and able to be switched with secondary weapons. I kinda have an idea of a bio-mechanical symbiosis that curls around and latches on to the arm when the player puts their hand back to grab the weapon. And when returning the weapon to their back, the weapon uncurls and latches onto the back of the warframe.

Unless you can translate the game into Korean and/or Jappanese I doubt it will happen. This would need the devs to work on new stuff, right now they are working on what they have. I doubt they are planning to add any more animations to the game. What we see now is probably the final of what we should expect in the game - animation and gameplay wise. Nothing we say and do will change that, except money or dinero - maybe if they start rolling 7s on their slot machine, we might get lucky and see some creativity with the weapons. Because creativity is expensive and you can feel it in the game. Don't believe me, EA did the same thing with DA2 and look where that ended up. In the bin! it ended up in the bin!

• 1 month later...

Yep agree whole hartedly. But i think they sould go with the look of the gun you advised the Burston sould look like.

Snipertron sould look like this :

http://torvenius.dev.../34209731&qo=22

This artist has alot of great guns and if your foing for the SF feel then look him up.

I have been a deviant member for a long time and he has some of the best gun art.

All in all game needs more snipers and they sould look sf not like they ware made today.

I mean thats my opinion and i'm fairly new here so i may be wrong.

Edited by rogron

I love the over all theme of the weapons, but the designs need to be a bit more sleek. We are space ninjas. No glowy weaponry. Sleek, matte killing tools. We need those.

I agree with TheSmallHobbit, sorry but I don't think I should be a glow stick when I am trying to be stealth.

I'd like more tools from ninjutsu, and less from Mass Effect please.

Maybe add more sci-fi renderings of traditional ninjutsu tools: bows, crossbows, yari, naginata, and other traditional ninja weapons rather than some more cliche sci-fi weapons.

(**Sci-fi kusarigama.. Please! I would want to see what they can do, if they can do it ;)**)

... I doubt they are planning to add any more animations to the game. What we see now is probably the final of what we should expect in the game - animation and gameplay wise. Nothing we say and do will change that, except money or dinero - maybe if they start rolling 7s on their slot machine, we might get lucky and see some creativity with the weapons...

I wouldn't say that, I believe a Mod posted regarding the recent addition of developer tools allowing them to vary the position of gear on each individual frame.

Link here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/713-couple-of-design-ideas/#entry4768

Back on the weapons: maybe this is just me, but I feel like it works with the story:

1.Tenno just came out of cryostasis so their weapons might feel a bit older than the Corpus or even the Grineer, so I would assume starting gear and early level accessible items would be at a slightly lower tech level.

[Maybe the sci-fi ninjutsu killing tools I mentioned above are “starter level” in addition to the current player profile rank 1 items]

2.They discovered the oppression of the Grineer through contact with Lotus and other firsthand experience, so as masters of blade and gun they learn the weapons of the Grineer.

[Maybe the gorgon is one of them, and new player profile rank 2 items can be made around this idea]

3. After much experience with the Grineer, the Tenno cross paths with the Corpus and are exposed to lasers/plasma weaponry and use their masteries to adapt their tools.

[The corpus already introduce the plasma sword into play, and I feel like the designs posted by TheNexusCloud would fit in for the Corpus real well]

I only suggest the variety of weapons come into play though the Factions because it would tie in with story easily, but I definitely would not mind having a little of everything to pick from at the start.

TLDR Summary: I like the concepts, I feel like they would fit the Corpus tech well. I would also like to see some sci-fi versions of traditional ninjutsu tools. Each weapon design could feel as if it came from a different faction and further connect the player with what symbolizes a Tenno.

I don't get it. Of the examples given in the OP, the sniper rifle you showed looks much less futuristic than the Snipetron, the Latron alternative you posted looks like a modern gun but with cheesy 'scifi" angles added that serve no purpose. The Burston alt is actually pretty cool, but again nothing to make it look futuristic except some rounded features. I do dig that ghost in the shell type style though.

The guns in game look like they cover a wide range of time periods, which works as the setting is far in the future but has gone through at least one catastrophe which seems to have halted technological development. Ironically I think the highest tech guns in this setting are the oldest, dating back to the Orokin era, the sme that the warframes were developed in. The guns being created by the Grineer are lower tech, compareable to the tech we have now. Guns look the way they do for a reason, so it their guns work similarly to ours, they should look similar as well. The corpus seem to have a better, but limited understanding of the old Orokin tech, so their weapons are more advanced. The Tenno scavenge and steal whatever they can from the Grineer and Corpus I think, so they use a large variety of weapons.

I don't get it. Of the examples given in the OP, the sniper rifle you showed looks much less futuristic than the Snipetron, the Latron alternative you posted looks like a modern gun but with cheesy 'scifi" angles added that serve no purpose. The Burston alt is actually pretty cool, but again nothing to make it look futuristic except some rounded features. I do dig that ghost in the shell type style though.

Who cares if they have stupid angles if they look really cool. They are supposed to be sci-fi and weird looking, While I don't say 'make a circle that shoots plasma' I think the desingn of how the weapon looks should not be ancient. I mean they invented space travel and lasers but they don't have any advancements in weaponry?

It would be cool if the weapons were classified as either Orokin, Grinner or Corpus. Each of the factions should have a pro and a con.

Orokin: They have the highest damage since they need to kill the targets fast but slowest reload and fire rate.

Grineer: They have loads of ammo and reload fast so they are ready for long nights of shooting at stuff, but have normal damage and normal fire rate.

Corpus: The have the fastest fire rate and have energy weapons. These weapons work on plasma energy and can heat up making them useless for 5-10 seconds. If the energy is higher the damage is lower, and if energy is lower then the damage is higher.

Edit: forgot the 'p' from corpus.

Edited by dagudman

The Tenno themselves have unique, almost antiquated designs. They're not industrial looking but rather organic and ornate. I think it's good that the weapons fit that aesthetic. Some of the weaponry looks futuristic- the weapons that seem like they were taken from the Grineer and Corpus, but the weapons you describe as antiquated look like weapons that were designed by the Tenno.