The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo- Constant Host Migration, Can't Get Anywhere (Except On Rare Occasion)

Scoosh

I'm not sure if this is wide spread but thought I'd make this. Just about every time I enter the Dojo I walk a few feet down a corridor and then I host migrate and teleport to a completely different area. It keeps happening over and over so I'm always almost entering a room, almost entering a door etc. It's very frustrating and makes me not want to go into the Dojo at all. Hopefully this gets fixed and isn't just me!

Thank you.

Edited by Scoosh

It has nothing to do with internet, just the number of people going in and out of dojo at times. This is why people should stick to reasonable number of members in clans.

Well it's peer to peer so if some one gets host but there Internet is unreliable they could lose connection, and it is not how many are going in or out its wether the host goes in or out.

Warframe is not peer to peer.

As to the problems of dojo host migration, it stems from the simplistic manner in which a new host is selected.

At present the new host is simply the client who was 1st to connect to the old host.

This FIFO queue behaviour tends towards short hosting periods and frequent host migrations, because the longer a player is in the dojo the more likely they are to leave.

Host migration needs a complete overhaul; the selection process for the new host is overly simplistic, and the migration process is riddled with desync bugs, and thus is unreliable.