Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*(Idea Pitch)* Mod Synergies

Helwig

I like the concept of synergy. I have fast hands, shouldn't that affect my shooting speed? My gun shoots ice, shouldn't that bypass shields?

Wonderful idea, especially with how you would be assembling your loadout "like a jigsaw puzzle"

I like the concept of synergy. I have fast hands, shouldn't that affect my shooting speed? My gun shoots ice, shouldn't that bypass shields?

Wonderful idea, especially with how you would be assembling your loadout "like a jigsaw puzzle"

I dont know how to break it to you, but ice already does extra shield damage. Also we already have speed trigger.  It directly increases firing speed. Though a synergy with another mod could maybe stack.

I'd love this, as long as chance/randomness is minimized or omitted.

The concept gives an incentive to focus on maxing pairs of mods instead of just filling all slots.

I'd like some synergy effects to be stronger than in your examples, while increasing mod capacity cost,

making weapons with focused elements more viable.

How about this:

Synergizing in one direction unlocks one effect, while the same mods aligned in another direction unlocks an alternate version of that same effect.

One match doesn't affect mod capacity cost, while the alternate is an amplified version that is stronger yet increases cost.

This provides strategy to the placement of each mod, limiting how many of which synergy alignment is possible simultaneously,

as well as allowing the focus of mod capacity into fewer mods to greater effect.

Having all elements equipped being mandatory to maximize damage just seems dull to me, I'd like to see some 1-2 element weapons.

I'm really sick of the whole element thing too. I also started a thread on a take of martial arts implemented into warframe.  If you're interested: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/54972-suggestion-martial-arts-passive-and-active/

I'm not going to lie, Onite, I am not even sure what it is you actually want.

At first you sounded like you thought this was a good idea with a few problems.

Now I feel like the tone has completely changed and you want to scrap the entire thing.

But what I hope I understand from what you are saying is that, you like the idea up to Mods having Innate bonuses/perks that appear automatically when the mod is leveled. The mods can be anywhere on the board and not necessarily directly adjacent to one-another. Correct?

I also understand you don't like the example of "Forma" that we have now completely gone off track with as that small detail was just an example using a system that currently exists and was not in any way a firm part of my idea. Yes, I guess it was partially my fault for constantly replying to it.

If I read their post again I'd have to go sleep but I may be interpreting correctly that they want to minimize randomness/chance

under the concept that RNG is even more harmful endgame than before and thus requires stricter moderation at that point.

I agree with that; RNG is the cheap and "easy way out" of constructing progression systems and pulls any game toward becoming a slot machine.

TLDR; "Make sure the required items for this are acquired through effort and intention, not luck and intention." ...?

lol I remember playing the beta for Eligium...

Encountering more and more RNG along the way, as well as essential functions that depend on RNG...

It got shut down quickly.

Edited by Denninja

• 3 weeks later...