Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vespers Bucket Of Ideas

Vesper_Akiri

Every now and then I get these random ideas that will pop into my head, if I feel it's a good idea I suggest it to my friends, gather the results and see what happens, if it received a positive result then fantastic, bad then I scrap it and pretend it never existed.

So here's a list of idea's I've come up with or discussed with other Tenno that may improve the Warframe experience, and I shall portray these idea's in this forum post as a sort-of, idea dump zone. (Any ideas friends of mine come up with will be credited accordingly).

NOTE: These are idea's I've come up with or discussed, I understand my ideas may not work or may not be implemented the instant I suggest it, it's an idea, something to be worked on and molded into something that doesn't suck, I would appreciate mature discussions about the idea's I put forward in this post, thank you.

Warframes

N/A

Skills/Mods

Skills/Mods Idea #1 - Adding new skills for current Warframes, such as Excalibur, Volt, Loki etc which are different from the default skills but are only obtainable as rare mods, for example :

Say we gave Loki a new skill, let's call it "Doppelganger", this ability would clone yourself into identical random AI controlled versions of yourself when cast, it's rare and takes 10 energy usage from the start and lasts for about 15-20 seconds. This ability will not be default when you get Loki, but will have to be found the same way you find other mods in the game.

I feel this idea would bring a more diverse and customized play style to the current user base.

Skills/Mods idea #2 - A new rarity rating as well as adding new mods to fit this category, rating would be called "Orokin", similiar to that of a legendary status item in an MMO or something (As an example). Would have a lower drop chance of Rare mods but have special/unique attributes or even double effects, so lets say we have a new Orokin class mod called "Gunslinger", it would increase the capacity and damage of the weapon it's attached to.

Maps

N/A

Bosses

N/A

Weapons

Weapon Idea #1 - Customization parts that you can attach to the weapons you own to make them more "Personal". (This requires more thought and input.)

Weapon Idea #2 - Throw-able utilities, such as grenades and deploy-able mines.

GUI/Interface

GUI Idea #1 - A Melee weapon experience bar, why this isn't in already I don't know.

GUI Idea #2 - An early warning system which states players that are dangerously low on HP, would help healer/support frames to take the correct actions.

GUI Idea #3 - A health display system for sentinals, I'd like to know what abilities are being used, when it's going to be recharged and what their HP is at before they go "Kaboom".

Graphic

N/A

Audio

N/A

Forums

N/A

Clans

Clan Idea #1 - The ability for Clans to make their own "Clan Insignia" which can be displayed or put onto clan members Warframes.

Clan Idea #2 - Forma cost adjustment, this is a very touchy subject so I wont go too far into it, I will just state the changed price for the clan Dojo, I will state 2 ideas for this.

Hallway Forma Costs = 0 Forma (It's a hallway, nothing more, nothing less but keep resource cost as is.)

Oracle Cost and associated labs = 10 Forma (It's still quite a bit to achieve (especially if you're not rolling in keys).

Reactor costs = 8 Forma (Why 8? 4 Tenno in a team, 2 runs with 4 clan members and they receive Forma, that's 8 Forma for the clan).

Great hall costs = drop by 5.

Idea by Kahruvel - Drop Forma cost for all Clan Dojo items by 5.

Clan Idea #3 - Clan specific frames intended for dueling, this will help keep PVP people happy while keeping these specific frames in the clan dueling zones only.

Bugs

Bug Report #1 -  Vaubans Vortex affects friendly players, stops any movement based abilities from being effective on enemies (Such as Excaliburs slash dash).

Misc - (Idea's I can't really put into a category)

Misc Idea #1 - A sensei system, higher mastery ranked players (Or a specific mastery rank) can take on "Students" to teach them the ways of the Warframes. Not sure what this can achieve, probably EXP buff to the student or something. Would be a good way to let the more experienced players teach the newest Tenno the ropes.

Misc Idea #2 - Allow for higher drop rates when using stealth, stealth kills will give a better chance for resources or even modules to drop. Finishing the mission without being detected will result in a special "You sneaky little bugger" prize.

Misc Idea #3 - Give people the ability to shoot weapons out of enemy hands, or disable them resulting in enemies having to attack with melee (If the weapon is hit), this can be very useful when taking on heavy units.

This topic will be updated accordingly, any ideas will be added and changed if new ideas/improvements are discussed/discovered.

Edited by Vesper_Akiri

Doppelganger sounds like it'd go better on Loki, since it's a variant of the Decoy mechanic. I do think it's a good idea to add more skills to the warframes though, outside of the ones you start with! And I'd love the ability to use a clan logo, I think clan customization hasn't been fully fleshed out yet, and it's apparent that they're looking to do that.

Edited by Kahruvel

Doppelganger sounds like it'd go better on Loki, since it's a variant of the Decoy mechanic. I do think it's a good idea to add more skills to the warframes though, outside of the ones you start with! And I'd love the ability to use a clan logo, I think clan customization hasn't been fully fleshed out yet, and it's apparent that they're looking to do that.

I agree, I've adjusted the original example to show your opinion as such as it did make more sense for Loki.

Vesper, you and I run on a regular.

Love the ideas and the proposed changes to the dojo.  Before you waste efforts trying to think of more though.  Give them a little more time.  They already said int he live stream they are thinking about adjusting costs for clan size.  Lets give them time to work.  So far they have proven to listen to us for the most part.

See you in the fight brother,

Numinous

I would like to see new Polarity options for slots.... IE Fusion Core Polarity :  Increases the mod in this slot by one full rank, pay full mod cost + 2 instead of reduce mod by half

This slot can increase a mod beyond is normal maximum power, (A full leveled Hellfire would then add 105% Fire Damage instead of 90%)

I would like to see new Polarity options for slots.... IE Fusion Core Polarity :  Increases the mod in this slot by one full rank, pay full mod cost + 2 instead of reduce mod by half

This slot can increase a mod beyond is normal maximum power, (A full leveled Hellfire would then add 105% Fire Damage instead of 90%)

Would this be a special item that's fused into the module or some other method?