The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Verbatim: The Self-Replicating Warframe(Includes Skills Stats And Concepts)

Enomilli

Warframe - Verbatim

Verbatim is a Warframe designed specially for one on one combat, utilizing her replicating abilities to make certain that she will always have the advantage against her opponents. Meeting her alone in combat means certain death...

Basic Statistics -

Health - 75

Shielding - 100

Power Max - 150

Armor - 20.0

Sprint Speed - 1.4

Shield Recharge - 28.0

Polarities - Scratch x4, V x1 and Hyphen x1

Abilities -

Eviscerate:

Hotkey - 1

Energy Cost - 25

Ranking Damage - 10/10/25/50

Ranking Duration - 5/5/7/10

Summons a replica that homes in on one target and attacks periodically over a set amount of time.

How this skill works is similar to how Venom functions in terms of activation and effect.

The skill only activates whenever a target is in your crosshair and when it activates a replica is summoned and attacks every second for a set amount of damage. These will also ignore armor and can be stacked and has a very small AoE similar to the size of a charged attack from a heavy weapon or potentially 1 meter.

The replica will perform very small slash dashes around a target every second dealing sustained damage; the slash dashes will again, only be the range of a charged attack from a heavy weapon or potentially 1 meter.

In short, this skill is a very flashy damage over time skill similar to Ash's Bladestorm in concept except it sticks to one opponent.

Leveling this skill increases duration and damage done but does not increase the AoE range if allowed to have one.

Cast time is one second.

Kamikaze:

Hotkey - 2

Energy Cost - 75

Ranking Damage - 150/250/350/450

Ranking Duration - 5/5/10/15

Summons a replica that follows the nearest opponent and self-destructs dealing massive damage to grouped enemies.

Deals double damage to light infested only.

This skill works like its description, you summon a clone and it begins to follow the nearest opponent and self-destructs dealing decent damage to anyone near by.

The replica will follow the opponent at Verbatim's original speed and scale,as you do, with the Rush mod making it more effective in one on one combat.

The splash damage will be 2-3 meters depending on rank and will not go past the point of 3 meters.

This skill sounds like an effective tool versus crowds but that is not the case. The clone can die and self-destruct before reaching its destination. This means that large groups can render this skill worthless if the replica suffers too much damage.

Using this skill properly can be effective against crowds when used properly however.

The clone will also aggro mobs within a 3 to 5 meter radius as they fear for their life and try to destroy the replica before it self-destructs.

Upon death the clone will still self-destruct and anything within the blast radius will still suffer the full on damage.

This skill is effected by armor and will do reduced damage on armored units.

Ranking this skill increases the duration, vitality and the speed of the replica. Duration caps at 15 seconds, vitality will maybe cap at 500 and the speed will cap to max your own.

This skill works in its prime when swarmed by multiple close ranged enemies and allowing for an escape.

Cast time is one second.

Sacrifice:

Hotkey - 3

Energy Cost - 50

Ranking Damage absorb - 100/200/300/400

Ranking Replica count - 2/3/4/5

Ranking Replica Duration - 5/5/8/10

The player surrounds themselves by replicas that will absorb damage and last for a set duration.

This skill is a purely defensive skill in which the player surrounds themselves by replicas that will soak up damage and fend off attacks from melee groups.

This skill may seem all powerful but in the end it is still made solely for one on one combat and defenses.

This skill blocks all damage over time and only guards you from attacks that are don't reach over your defenses.

This means that enemies with a vertical advantage will still be able to damage you because your clones will not cover what is above you, they will only absorb damage that is around you.

This skill is very difficult to use offensively because when the caster shoots through their own replica the replica will instantly die leaving a blind spot in your defense that is not just above you. If you play smart you can use this skill to soak damage from all sides while targeting one opponent.

Keep in mind that this was not made for offense so using it that way will prove to be a difficult task.

This skill also works best against bullets, anything with a large enough AoE will overpowered it with its radius, this includes grenades and infested Runners and the like. This skill will however, absorb all melee damage and prevent Ancient arms from going through it as the replicas will aggro the attack.

These replicas do not last forever and certainly will not live forever, if too many enemies are present the clones will not last for long thus rendering this a suitable skill for any situation in which you must flee from the heat of battle.

Cast time is 0.5 seconds since it is an escape skill.

Replicate:

Hotkey - 4

Energy Cost - 100

Ranking Damage - 10/20/40/50

Ranking Duration - 5/5/8/10

Ranking Damage Absorb - 200/400/600/800

The player creates a replica that mimics the players movements and attacks dealing extra damage.

This skill could be Verbatim's nicest one in terms of utility.

It acts as the description says, your replica is created and it mimics you dealing fractions of your base damage only.

This means that the replica will not include elements in it's calculations but only do damage based off of the attack power of your weapon alone.

This skill is very straight-forward...the replica Warframe copies your weapons and attack patterns to deal massive damage over the duration of this skill.

Keep in mind that this replica will selectively attract aggro but will not force it.

That means this replica can die and is ill-suited in crowds unless used properly.

Cast time is 0.5 seconds.

In short, Verbatim is a Warframe deadly in the hands of a master and can easily handle any one on one situations at hand.

Her purpose may be for one on one combat, but those with minds that are clever can easily handle a mass of crowds when played properly.

Those who have mastered Loki might enjoy a new way of being creative offensively using the Warframe known as Verbatim as Verbatim can also stack skills to outsmart her opponents.

One small example of using Verbatim to handle a crowd is to cast Kamikaze and while the enemies are focus on the replica, you charge in and melee everything or use that as a suitable distraction and pick them off one by one with your favourite gun.

Tell me what you think of this Frame and possible balancing...hopefully something like this can be seen in the future.

This was a blast to think of.

NOTE: Concept Art of her visuals will be coming soon. She is most likely going to be Ant-based in her visuals.

Verbatim_zpsc275e2bf.png

Here are her visuals...she is based off of a Queen Ant...

Edited by Ystella

What if I do it at the start of the match  where there are no mobs? Does it replicate the user or a fellow tenno?

Eviscerate is like Saryn's Venom mixed with Ash's Bladestorm...it is a purely offensive skill.

Verbatim means "Exact words"

That is not copy writed...

It is a real word...

English is a dead language -_-

Your concept is exemplary! The whole duplication idea is surely rooted in ninja myth and/or what is conveyed in several modern interpretations? The flavor is right, but the logistics of some of these powers and how they function might need a little work!

English is a dead language -_-

Your concept is exemplary! The whole duplication idea is surely rooted in ninja myth and/or what is conveyed in several modern interpretations? The flavor is right, but the logistics of some of these powers and how they function might need a little work!

Thank you very much...any ideas on what could be done to some of the skills...?

I do think this concept is amazing! +1 for sure.

However, I just wanted to talk about the shield skill. I like a purely offensive warframe and one that runs as fast as Verbatim should be used as a glass cannon in my opinion. However having that one niche shield is always good if your in a pinch. The only issue is that if the sole focus of Verbatim is to be an aggressive, almost, unstoppable death machine shouldn't he/she be able to shoot through the clones? I understand this might bring about balance issues, but when you make a death machine it shouldn't be limited offensively by its own abilities.

This of course all my personal opinion though so I hope some of the higher ups see your idea and give it some thought!

Edited by iitzAnthony

I do think this concept is amazing! +1 for sure.

However, I just wanted to talk about the shield skill. I like a purely offensive warframe and one that runs as fast as Verbatim should be used as a glass cannon in my opinion. However having that one niche shield is always good if your in a pinch. The only issue is that if the sole focus of Verbatim is to be an aggressive, almost, unstoppable death machine shouldn't he/she be able to shoot through the clones? I understand this might bring about balance issues, but when you make a death machine it shouldn't be limited offensively by its own abilities.

This of course all my personal opinion though so I hope some of the higher ups see your idea and give it some thought!

Shooting through the clones causes them to die instantly...leaving a gap in your defenses...

You could shoot through the gap in your clone shield and hit enemies and get rid of damage from the other sides.

Thank you as well.