Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Exponential Damage

Darkshar

In the current meta of the game the only way to increase your weapon damage is through Mods. I feel like this really punishes players who want to go to harder planets or go 50+ waves in Defense missions. I think a good way around this would be to have an exponential damage system. A system where as you level up weapons your weapon gets a slight damage increase. Because if you look at games like Borderlands 2 the stronger you get the better the weapons you get where as in Warframe the stronger you get you only get more mod spaces. And to make your damage better you have to grind to upgrade you mods through fusion cores or the same mod.  I think a good way around this would be to either A) have a slight damage increase the higher level your weapon gets or B) have killstreak bonuses. For instance, you kill 3 enemies in 10 seconds you get a damage multiplier each additional enemy killed adds 1 more second to the time limit and gives a damage multiplier of 2x 3x 4x etc. Thank you for reading my post. (PS Im not sure if there are other posts like this sorry if im not the first).

" only get more mod spaces? " (energy) um yea, that is how upgrades are done in this game. I think it's pretty cool. No need to look at and compare a thousand different smgs like in borderlands cause I do the upgrading the way I want and only upgrade exactly what I want. I wish I could have done that in borderlands instead of waiting for the random machine to drop me a useable orange weapon that wasn't missing something stupid like accuracy. Higher damage as ranks level is up to the player. Got to watch out for power creep. Yes it takes a long time to get mods that are maxed out, especially serration and hornet strike. You probably won't get these mods maxed on your first trip to 30 with a frame, probably not the second trip to 30 either. But the more you play, the more mods drop, the more powerful your mods become, the more powerful your weapons get. It's math and stuff.

Kill streaks sounds like a decent idea though, I'd be down for that.