Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Potential Solution To Dojos With Smaller Clans.

WynneD

Currently there are a lot of clans with 5-15 people that are having a hard time building a clan. There are also clans with 200+ people who will quickly run out of things to build. I know that you guys are considering ways to make it a little more viable for clans around the 10-50 player range and I know that basing the construction costs based on the number of players has potential for exploit. So my idea is to have the rooms work in tiers.

Lets use the reactor as an example. Currently it increases the energy of the dojo by 25. With a tier system you could build it at 1/3rd the current costs (excluding forma, which would be paid in full price at the initial stage and cost 0 for further tiers), but have it supply 15 energy. For 2/3rd the current cost, you could then upgrade your existing reactor to give you 25 energy. Afterwards there would be one final tier that costs 150% of the current requirements to grant 35 energy.

Another example would be connectors. The default would be a small hallway at 1/3rd the cost of a cross connector. Upgrading it for 2/3rd the cost gives a T-shaped connector and upgrading it for 150% of the cost gives a cross connector.

Doing it this way not only makes it viable for a small clan to make a functional dojo but it also allows clans to better prioritize what they need or want, making each clan a little more individualized and even extending the longevity of dojos for larger clans who want the best dojo available as a result of the final tier costing more.

I think the tier idea can be applied to nearly everything that currently exists in the dojo. Such as the oracle only allowing research into one lab at the first tier, and additional tiers allowing research into a 2nd and 3rd lab. And each lab only opening up a small number of options initially, with upgrades expanding the availability.