Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Storyline?

Robomaster16

Hi my friend was complaining about this and asked me to put this up. Whats he's saying is that this game doesn't really have a story line, while the game itself is really good and fun, and the amount your able to do with it is huge; he thinks that a more in depth story line and missions would bring a better vibe to the game than mindless hack and slash (his words not mine). What do you guys think?

This is from the Raptr Q&A two days ago:

Regarding the origins of the Tenno:

Geoff Crookes - They are warriors of Sword and Gun. Their true purpose will be revealed. They once served the Orokin, but no longer...

Update 9 will have a huge lore increase.

Also, listen to lotus, and you can get bits of knowledge about the world. For example, Golem was made to fight the Sentients for the Orokin. During a tower mission she says that the tower is full of enemies under Orokin control, and that you need to wipe them out, hinting that we aren't allies with the Orokin anymore.

Also, if you look into DE's other games, and some of the details of this game, you'll notice things like, in Dark Sector, their previous game, the main character is Hayden Tenno, a man infected with the Technocyte virus whichi allowed him to grow a three bladed ring-like weapon at will called a Glaive. Looking at the Glaive's description, it says 'Dating back to the time of the first Tenno, the GLAIVE is a uniquely deadly weapon. This multi-bladed disk is not only effective for melee combat it can also be thrown like a boomerang to cut down enemies at a distance.'

The Lore is there, mostly, you just gotta look for it.