Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Actual Gameplay Feedback Thread

EdgeKasim

Ok ill start by saying anyone is welcome to post their own gamplay feedback here as well, so for people opinons on anothers experiance of the game....go elsewhere.  this is NOT a rant thread but a thread for legitimate feedback

So far i have really enjoyed this game, it has most of whats needed t make it an enjoyable game.

Gameplay.

Running around, flipping, running along walls, sliding, flying kicks and so on, really make for an enjoyable fast paced action game.  i have played with both rushers and explorers alike and i can say no matter the types you can have fun with either.  the movement is smooth-ish, with only minor controll lag, all that can be compensated for anyway.  im sure others have also run into issues where their character either doesnt run while the run button isnt being held only to subsiquently fall down a hole rather than run along a cliff.  and also the opposite, having a character in constatn run, or ducking while none of those buttons arent being pressed.  all of these are minor issues as theyre just simple things to be ironed out. 

Combat.

The combat in-game is good and well put together but suffers from many issues that can frustrate.  the over the shoulder camera is nice and all, but sometimes gives people the illusion that their shots are going off target, afterall the shots source is to the side of the aiming dot, this has many a time led to stray point blank shots haha.  not to mention the camera being affected by walls to the point where if somone is close to one their view can become completely obstructed by their own head, a possible fix for this could be to make the players character become transparent as the camera closes in on them.  still after all this hte system is very workable and can lead to interesting fights with many characters darting left and right.  really looking forward to the big boss battles too.

Graphics.

not usually a section id be too focused on as i remember the good old days of pixel arts, BUT you guys at DE deserve a mention for this, as youve done a really good job in bringing a cyberpunk space marine ninja fight feeling to the masses. it looks great

Character and arsenal building.

right this is where most of players criticisms lie, and not without ground.  the system is nicely thought out and does work, leveling famres so that you can equip modifications to improve your strength, as a level tier system should work.  the crafting aspect is a nice addition tho at current seems like its going through more of an overhaul.  i found it a little dissapointing that for the most part weapons were just bought in BP form from the shop, as it gave little to no treasure hunting for explorer types.  i would have liked to see only tenno tech wepons available in the shop while other faction type wepons would be considered drops from those factions, ofcourse at higher rates from the actual enemy that wields said wepon for balnce issues.  just having people kill the grineer lancers for a chance to get ahold of a grakata BP might give them more of a sense of achivement when they actually get it, sort of like how banshee is.  the current reward item from running mission types could also use some work.  the complaits people have been making in reguards to the arity of certain prime parts was a clear indication of that...but lets just say that if prime parts were drops specific to enemies within the void at a certain rarity based on enemy level it might have avoided all the fuss to begin with, of course having the prime BPs as "rare" mission complete rewards would also be nice, and instead of the parts maybe certain items (not heals...youd never hear the end of it if people got heals as a void reward) or better yet maybe rescorce pods or mod packs, then it would give people more incentive for wanting to run the lower tiers as well as the higher.  still the game is in BETA so we can only wait to see where it goes

Edit:

another thing i thought abotu is dual wielded wepons...some of the BPs take materials...some take 2 of the wepons.  why not just make the "dual, or twin weapons have a choice between having both required weps OR the required materials to make the 2 needed weps....just a thought

the RNG gods, and the cash shop

firstly let me state i dont actually mind the current alert system, but as somone who pays bills i can completely understand why DE have done things the way they have, sadly with way the RNG works youll get alot of players griefing over how "rare" a certain item that they themselves want might be...my solution to this would simply be to make the ? alerts a little more common BUT in exchange make the reward completely random for every player, that way everyone would be running the alerts for that small chance to get whtever they want from it.  the current system for plat users is also a quite bad...at current it just feels like your getting people to pay for platinum so they dont have to play the game....that in itself defeats the point of paying for plat.  it was a step in the right direction in bringing more aesthect options to the plat market, and we all look forward to seeing what new types of skins and things you bring to us. (i wont mention the formas) 

anyway, im interested in hearing other peoples thoguhts and impresions of the game so far

Edited by EdgeKasim