Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stones Of Love

Institute-Marksman

Althought the title sounds like it's some kind of cheesy Harry Potter fanfic, I assure you, it's not.

There are many types of stones in the world. There are smooth, round ones. Rough and tough ones and sharp ones.

As a sharp stone, you will always end up damaging smooth stones. Rough stones can take a beating, but eventually cave in too.

As a smooth stone, you are easily damaged. Your smoothness is either bruised by a rough stone or cut by a sharp stone.

As a rough stone, you are tough and can handle yourself well. But acting tough towards smooth stones or sharp stones will make them leave you.

Then, theres the second level: shinies. Regardless of what you are, you are shiny. But it takes the exact same type of stone as you are to see the shinies. You can be ruby-shiny, emerald-shiny or diamond-shiny, or others. But none of them are better then the others, just different. The stones might also not be aware of their shiny or willingly hide their shiny. You have to be careful and precise when you look.

As a smooth rock, you might be into emerald-shinies. So you're gonna be looking out for emerald-shiny stones. Since every rock shines, picking out the emerald-shinys is not easy. But because emeralds differ from rubys and diamonds, you have a vague idea of what an emerald looks like. Many of the stones you encounter are not emeralds and will not shine for you. But amongst the non-shiny stones, you might find a couple of shinies that you like. But before you settle, try to figure out what it is that makes them shine, because there are stones out there that shine just to shine and not to show what they're made of. They may be rubys, diamonds or emeralds, but they always blind you with their shine to see who they reel in. You have to be on the lookout for these shiny stones because they (unwillingly) deceive you.

Once you have completed the difficult task of sorting out the shinies and staying with the one you like, you are going to need the strength to make the emerald-shiny stone shine even more, because the shiny stone might willingly hide their shiny, or not even be aware that they are shiny at all, and think they're just a stone.

But regardless of how what type of shiny you are, and what type of stone you are, the emerald-shiny stone will be looking out for you as well. But because you can't see your own shiny, you have no idea what type of shiny you are. The best way to deal with this is to shine all you can. Shine here, shine there, and don't hide it. Because when you hide it, you may never find that one ruby-shiny stone again.

I love ruby-shiny. It was only after he left when I realized he was a ruby-shiny. So If I'm looking very closely, I might one day find the ruby-shiny stone again. Meanwhile I'll be on the lookout for other ruby-shiny, hoping that it's him again.

For those who haven't yet guessed what this is about, it's and analogy about people and relationships, and it's possibly the easiest explanation of love I've ever seen. Stuff I never expected myself to think about, let alone write something like the above about.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Not bad. I think that's closest I've ever came to understand people and their ways of perception (mind you, I don't actively seek that knowledge). I'm a bit obtuse when it comes to emotions and such because of lack of experience with them. Your use of symbols was interesting. 

Imho it isnt the easiest explanation of love... the easiest is that love is a brain response to chemical reactions in ones organism very close to what we call 'going insane'.

But my favourite definision of love is: "love is a stupid feeling that starts at the mouth and ends at the a@#" (it even rhymes in polish) ^.^

Not bad. I think that's closest I've ever came to understand people and their ways of perception (mind you, I don't actively seek that knowledge). I'm a bit obtuse when it comes to emotions and such because of lack of experience with them. Your use of symbols was interesting. 

You can use difficult and expressive language all you like, but when you use symbols it's just easier to relate.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Imho it isnt the easiest explanation of love... the easiest is that love is a brain response to chemical reactions in ones organism very close to what we call 'going insane'.

But my favourite definision of love is: "love is a stupid feeling that starts at the mouth and ends at the a@#" (it even rhymes in polish) ^.^

this made my day

You can use difficult and expressive language all you like, but when you use symbols it's just easier to relate.

Not much to relate to, but it does make it easier to imagine in your head. Think of it as listening to a math equation vs looking at a math equation with all the work shown. The latter tends to be better.