Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma, Orokin, Potato?

misterlibido

Hi everybody!

I've yet been playing this for a month and I have a couple of questions that I think is an important feature that everyone has to do and use. I don't know how to use it and what it is and maybe you guys can help me.

There is Forma, Orokin Reactor, Orokin Catalyst and the term 'Potato'.

What is this? The first time I started out playing and went into the Arsenal I noticed the Upgrade button that is currently locked to me. Throughout playing I was told that you can only unlock it once you rank an weapon or warframe to 30. Also someone helped me a lot by giving me the tip that Mods have this 'Symbol' in the top right corner and if you match it with your deck, it gets halfed in terms of how much it requires.

I would like answers in terms of what it does to the character and not clan/dojo stuff please.

1. What is forma? When do I equip this? What does it do? How many times can I do it?

2. Orokin Reactor, Orokin Catalyst? Same questions as Q1. By the way, I bought my Frost with platinum and I realized it's already equipped with a yellow Reactor.

3. What the hell is a potatoed weapon?... I think it has something to do with this.

1. Forma is an item that can be used on a Rank 30 Warframe or weapon. It will allow you to add or change a polarity slot on the warframe/weapon at the consequence of resetting its rank to 0. It can be done as many times as you want.

2. Orokin Reactors and Orokin Catalysts, or "potatoes," are used on Warframes and weapons respectively. They double the points you can use for mods for each rank, so at rank 10 you'd have 20 points, and rank 30 you'd have 60 points.

3. Potato is just a silly term for Orokin items because... well, they look like potatoes I guess. And who wants to say "I catalysted my weapons the other day" over "I potatoed my weapons the other day?"

Edited by Aramet

Potato means, those 2 you already mentioned, Orokin Catalyst/Reactor ^^

It's just "Warframe" slang xD

So potatoes weapon is a weapon that has a Orokin Catalyst ^^

Forma is something that you can use in a weapon to give it or change one of its polarities.

I only did it once so i can't tell if you can make it more then once :P

If you have the blueprint and you craft it , it will be forever in your inventory no needs to worry :P

1. forma allows you to change the polarity of one slot and "reset" your wep. you start at unranked again but you get that new polarity.

2. it simply doubles your mod energy. so have twice as many points to use up on mods.

3. its a weapon with a orikin catalyst in it. it looks like a potato so people call it that.

1- Forma is two things. An item that will allow you to add a polarity slot to one of your weapons mod slots. A polarity slot will have a mod give half the cost if the mod matches the symbol, 1/4 extra cost if the symbols do not match. A weapon must be rank 30 to do so. It is also used as a component in several blueprints. 

2- A Orokin Reactors/Cayalsts will double the available mod slots on a warframe/sentinel (reactor) or weapon (catalyst). If you buy a weapon or frame with platinum it will come pre-equipped with a reactor or catalyst.

3- Potatoe is slang for a reactor or catalyst because they  kind of look like a potato. Personally I think it's stupid and the guy who decided to make this a think should be given a light smack. 

Edited by HailCreation

Forma is an item that you can use when you level up a weapon to level 30. You can then use said Forma (which can be purchased, won on login rewards, or found in alert missions) to polarize (take or add any polarity slot) said level 30 weapon. This will permanently change the polarity of the polarized slot, at the cost of 'unleveling' your weapon (lvl 30 -> unranked)

Orokin reactors and catalyst are items use to supercharge your weapon/warframe. They will permanently double the mod capacity, at the cost of the reactor/catalyst (which can NOT be removed [you cant have it back]). They can be purchased, won on login rewards, or found in alert missions.

To potato a weapon/warframe is to add a reactor/catalyst to said weapon/warframe.

I hope this has helped you!