Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Screen Keyboard Freeze

(XBOX)Ehanho24

Seems to be a bug with all chats and the on screen virtual keyboard,from time to time upon opening the Xbox one virtual keyboard my Xbox has frozen and becomes unresponsive cant even go to the Xbox home or quit Warframe the only way to get it back is to do a hard- reboot. If anyone's having similar problems please reply and get this fixed ASAP 

Thank you 

GT: Ehanho24

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this problem as well. The only work around to unfreeze is to use your Kinect and say "Xbox go home." I went on other game and this problem only seems to occur on Warframe.

EDIT: Also you can use your Xbox smartglass instead of your controller. For some reason it won't freeze when you use smartglass.

Edited by (XB1)ThatAlaskanDude

Bump

EDIT: I have found a workaround by using the smartglass application. You can't just click the keyboard with the smartglass app because it acts as if you're still in the button scheme. Pressing down (or swiping on the app) will prompt the typing space to appear, if you click that at the right time (on the app) it will pull up the keyboard and you can type your message there. Make sure to send it to fix the bug. Rinse and repeat, good luck!

Edited by (XB1)Price Is R1ght

• 2 weeks later...

Just to chime in, I'm also experiencing the same game crash when the virtual keyboard appears. To add to that I have to resync my controller or switch controllers sometimes in order to get warframe to recognise it, Xbox did because I turned it on with it. Using smartglass workaround works but not ideal.

Please fix as this is killing my ability to trade!

Edited by (XB1)Superdaft

Posting again as this need to be highlighted to DE, not only does the virtual keyboard pop up (in any requirement for text) freeze my Xbox whilst playing warframe but it has now rendered my Xbox home button uselss. It simply doesn't respond. Its has literally broken my other controller as the Xbox button won't respond at all thus I can't turn in the controller!

Come on DE, i am actively supporting you by buying plat and being a dedicated player but this is worst than actually being teabagged!

Please please pleeeeease fix it!!!

This is not only making my warframe experience worse but making my entire Xbox experience worse this game literally stops me from pushing the home button once I've used the trader for literally a few min which leaves me completely stuck in warframe not even able to use any other function on my Xbox with out hard reset THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED

Chat worked fine throughout the day when I would pop on to play for a little and then go do something else. Then about an hour ago I opened up the chat to make a sale, only it froze. Couldn't do anything, not even the Home button on my controller worked. Had to reset on the console itself.

Now my Home button doesn't work at all, even while just in dashboard or in any other game. When I hold it down to turn the console off, it is unresponsive. 

• 2 weeks later...

After having this issue for more than a week i decide to contact Xbox support they give me a temporal solution i been playing 2-3 days without the glitch.

Step #1

Go to setting Network Go offline

Step #2

Go to setting Restart console

Step #3

After restart go to setting Network Go online

Step #4

Sing in with your GamerTag

Step #5

Lunch WarFrame and Start playing

Apparently the issue happens when you have SmartGlass open. To try to avoid this glitch by not using SmartGlass while playing WF

I hope this help you guys. 

Edited by (XB1)tonitoooo

• 2 weeks later...

DE please can you sort this issue out.... every time i try and talk in the chat it crashes.. i am on the Xbox preview program.. i have deleted the Game / reset the game / reset my Xbox. It happens intermittently and for those that have the issue to get around having to power off your Xbox just open up smart glass or the Xbox app on another device and launch another app such as player etc. As its not possible to close or go to the main menu using the Xbox controller when this happens. ( I have reported this bug to MS and they are aware of it) Please work with them to fix this.

Edited by (XB1)L33794m4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So add me to the long list of people that this has affected, I've been dealing with it for months and recently it's reached the point where it persists unless I actually reset my console, until I got so bad that I started looking up the problem I had actually just assumed it was an issue on my end. Besides the sheer annoyance of not being able to talk on trade or alliance chat I've lost several items because of this bug as I would go to type something in chat during a mission only for it to freeze up and be forced to reset. To give the most recent example during a Shadow Debt Endurance Run to Wave 40 I went to type a simple "gg" to my squad after we killed the last enemy and were waiting to leave, my game froze, I couldnt select to extract and was left in the game which was then failed as I had to reset my console costing me 12 event mods and 20 gold cores. Please get this fixed. And soon.

• 3 weeks later...

This has happened twice to me,Xbone completely froze,a workaround was to plug in a real keyboard as i saw the text cursor still flashing ready for input,i could then type and on pressing enter it came up in chat and everything was normal.Unfortunately chat is not loading for me of late and in a co-op game where community is so essential it kills a necessary point of the game making it not much fun,of that i have mentioned in another forum topic and cant say the two are directly related,i hope the workaround helps some people.