Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Theater Mode

Seth1466

Warframe has some very cool elements to it. Elements that could be used to make videos/machinimas with. But, you can't have a camera that goes anywhere else then behind the player. So I was thinking, that Warframe should add a "Theater Mode" option into the game that works similar to something that Halo and Call of Duty have. It should make it so you can go in, and play a session, then be able to go into the Theater Mode, and fly around with a camera to be able to get different angles for recording. To me, this sounds like an awesome idea, and should be added for all to record videos/machinimas of this. Hopefully developers will read this and think of adding it to the list of features for Warframe!

-Seth1466

So much yes!

The game has an awesome artstyle and would be really awesome to make movies with. :D

It would propably be alot of work to integrate something like that and it should have a comparedly low priority, but seeing something like that would really make the game much more interesting, at least for me.

Where as it is a good idea.

The time and effort it would take to develoup this into their engine (Which I can already assume is not native) would take about a year after launch. Don't expect something like this to come out for a while, if they do go with it. (I hope they do too!)

For the game I work on, a couple of our engine programmers got demos working in about two weeks IIRC. Of course, that was without rewind.. Rewind is.. hehe.. interesting...

A demo, yes. But having it polished and fully funtional is the fun part.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...