Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Got A Orokin Catalyst From Daily Award, What Is It?

StudioZero

What is it? I'm serious now.

http://i.imgur.com/MYNIAp6.jpg

You can use it to supercharge weapons. Putting an orokin catalyst on a weapon will double the number of mod points available (so if you have a level 15 weapon it will have 30 mod points and so on). It's also retroactive, so it'll work on weapons of any level (you don't have to start from a rank 0 weapon to get the full benefit). It is permanent though, and once on a weapon cannot be removed (if you sell the weapon, the reactor will go with it too, so think carefully about what to use it on).

There is a counterpart for warframes called an orokin reactor - it does the exact same thing except for frames instead of weapons

In the warframe vernacular, reactors and catalysts are often reffered to as a 'potato' (for it's visual similarity) and putting one on a weapon/frame is 'potato-ing' it (a supercharged frame/weapon can be said to be "potato'd")

You can use it to supercharge weapons. Putting an orokin catalyst on a weapon will double the number of mod points available (so if you have a level 15 weapon it will have 30 mod points and so on). It's also retroactive, so it'll work on weapons of any level (you don't have to start from a rank 0 weapon to get the full benefit). It is permanent though, and once on a weapon cannot be removed (if you sell the weapon, the reactor will go with it too, so think carefully about what to use it on).

There is a counterpart for warframes called an orokin reactor - it does the exact same thing except for frames instead of weapons

In the warframe vernacular, reactors and catalysts are often reffered to as a 'potato' (for it's visual similarity) and putting one on a weapon/frame is 'potato-ing' it (a supercharged frame/weapon can be said to be "potato'd")

Thanks for the very detailed reply, I will bookmark this just in case I forget what it does. Thanks

yes you do suposedly though i find i acually get less useful rewards the longer in a row i log in, mind you its luck and all and the spiner shows some cool stuff to be had, i just seem to get stuck with credits whence i get to 3 stars, and to be honest credits tend to be the least cool thing to get. Oooooh 10k credits i have 700k already so awemazing.

How about this :)

Or this? ;)

The cyan has a pretty good contrast with the background. But writing in anything but plain old white is seen as a form of childishness, with a few exceptions. Dark anything on dark backgrounds is hard to read, and we're (supposed to be) all equal here so you don't have to elevate yourself.

Orokin catalysts are among the most important items in the game, because they allow for more mods on your weapons. You can't take one out after you use it, so choose wisely.

Stupidity is not permitted on my forum, sorry.

lawl , that made my day XD

1.) Common sense would have answered your question...i found it out by checking all available text in game...( example, hover mouse over weapon upgrade button... click on it and read .. then look at item name in foundry .. .. its says BLUEPRINT ...use warframe wiki / google ... )

now tell me again about stupidity in "your forum" , sir.

2.) This is not "your forum" , its just a thread in DE's Warframe forums.

3.) coming here and asking ... *cough* questions and then answering stupid to people who reply to your thread is just stupid...

Edited by Vyra