The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Weapons To Potato?

xValkyrie666

Question

And I'm here again,

Today I won a Catalyst bp, so I'll put into a melee weapon and make it my main melee, same for a secondary one.

My melee weapons are:

Dual Ether, Scindo, Reaper Prime ( building ), Dual Zoren, Dark Sword.

My Secondaries:

Twin Vipers, Lex, Kunai, Bolto ( turning it into Akbolto in a few days )

For the melee weapons I'm thinking about Gram too, I've heared it is a very nice heavy melee weapon with high % crit, maybe with my Ash would work very good :0

7 answers to this question

I would potato the Dual Ether for your Ash.

It's fast and strong, and also has a stagger.

The Reaper Prime is also not a bad choice, but the Scindo has 10 more base damage. However, the animation for the Prime is more unique

For Melee, in my opinion, I would choose either Dual Ether or Reaper Prime.

I would potato the Kunai, no question. It is so far the best secondary that me and my friends have agreed on.

However, I would rather potato Despair rather than the regular ones. That is mostly to preference but Despair is much better in my opinion. 

For Secondary, Kunai wins over all, but Despair wins over Kunai.

From your list,

secondary: Kunai or Lex

melee: Reaper prime or Dual Ether.

Reason being, kunai is one of the strongest secondary atm, ammo friendly as well, provided you do not miss frequently. else lex would be good also.

as for your melee, ash is a stealth character, a heavy weapon would be more useful, using charged attack to dish out imba damage. i have not used reaper prime but i guess it is quite similar to my hate. Dual ether on the other hand is good if you are proficient with sliding attack, but bear in mind at higher levels, charge damage always dominates over slashing.

But most of all, you should potato your primary if you haven.

I would potato the Dual Ether for your Ash.

It's fast and strong, and also has a stagger.

The Reaper Prime is also not a bad choice, but the Scindo has 10 more base damage. However, the animation for the Prime is more unique

For Melee, in my opinion, I would choose either Dual Ether or Reaper Prime.

I would potato the Kunai, no question. It is so far the best secondary that me and my friends have agreed on.

However, I would rather potato Despair rather than the regular ones. That is mostly to preference but Despair is much better in my opinion. 

For Secondary, Kunai wins over all, but Despair wins over Kunai.

They should nerf the kunais, they are ridiculous overpowered, and put in shame almost every other single sub-weapon, even potatoed's ones! Is insane! That or make a universal buff to every other sub-weapon on the arsenal, and that's way too much.

They should nerf the kunais, they are ridiculous overpowered, and put in shame almost every other single sub-weapon, even potatoed's ones! Is insane! That or make a universal buff to every other sub-weapon on the arsenal, and that's way too much.

No argument there.

The Kunai are really ridiculously overpowered and I wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed it.

However, the kunai is still a fun secondary and if they nerfed it, it really wouldn't change much imo.

I don't have the Reaper Prime, but I've been levelling the other scythe, the Hate that the Stalker drops. It's now my favourite heavy weapon because of the animations - it sweeps and hits low. This way, you can do a sweep to kill knocked-down enemies rather than the lengthy execution-kill animation. You can also hit Grineer rollers. Having said that, Dual Ether may still be a better choice for Ash, since you'd still get regular and charge attacks out faster while under stealth. Attack speed is quite important for a stealthed Ash or Loki.

No argument there.

The Kunai are really ridiculously overpowered and I wouldn't be surprised if they nerfed it.

Yup, thats the reason i am holding on to my potato as well. Just in case they get nerfed.