Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Must Have For Each Clan And Dojo

wkfire

DE, please implement functions to check clan member's activity (When was their last seen) and their Dojo contributions (Maybe in percentage of total resources used for Dojo, or just in numbers for each type of resources)  

This will allow clans to function more efficiently and effectively. Thanks!

Edit: And maybe add waypoints to rooms that are collecting resources :)

Edited by wkfire

What do you mean by function more efficiently and/or effectively? A "last online" sheet would be nice, but the contribution page wouldn't be necessary, there's a lot of people playing that don't play as much for whatever reason and would be considered "inactive" for their clan due to the lack of contribution, simply because they can't farm, or can't farm as much as other people.

I'm all in for an activity tab, though.

What do you mean by function more efficiently and/or effectively? A "last online" sheet would be nice, but the contribution page wouldn't be necessary, there's a lot of people playing that don't play as much for whatever reason and would be considered "inactive" for their clan due to the lack of contribution, simply because they can't farm, or can't farm as much as other people.

I'm all in for an activity tab, though.

Well, i consider clannies who doesnt contribute as 'freeloaders'. Doesn't it sound logical for clan leaders to kick these freeloaders and inactives and recruit new and active members who will contribute? This will increase the clan activity %, reduce number of freeloaders and hence, increasing effectiveness and efficiency. 

Edited by wkfire

Well, i consider clannies who doesnt contribute as 'freeloaders'. Doesn't it sound logical for clan leaders to kick these freeloaders and inactives and recruit new and active members who will contribute? This will increase the clan activity %, reduce number of freeloaders and hence, increasing effectiveness and efficiency. 

Does it matter? If you have a freeloader, just get some more people. Kicking freeloaders WITHOUT new recruitments DOES NOT increase contribution. And why would you care about effectiveness and efficiency? Those are nice indicators but being percentages, they don't necessarily increase your material contributions; e.g. 10 people with 5 person contributing and 5 freeloaders, kicking all freeloaders would surely bring efficiency up to 100% but so what - if the remaining 5 people still farms and contribute at the same rate, it doesn't help except making efficiency numbers looks beautiful and perfect.

Therefore, you should recruit more members instead of needing such indicators. Unless one of your objectives is to keep clan size small. But as with the law of probability goes, the more members the higher the likelihood of reaching material needed goals faster.

Does it matter? If you have a freeloader, just get some more people. Kicking freeloaders WITHOUT new recruitments DOES NOT increase contribution. And why would you care about effectiveness and efficiency? Those are nice indicators but being percentages, they don't necessarily increase your material contributions; e.g. 10 people with 5 person contributing and 5 freeloaders, kicking all freeloaders would surely bring efficiency up to 100% but so what - if the remaining 5 people still farms and contribute at the same rate, it doesn't help except making efficiency numbers looks beautiful and perfect.

Therefore, you should recruit more members instead of needing such indicators. Unless one of your objectives is to keep clan size small. But as with the law of probability goes, the more members the higher the likelihood of reaching material needed goals faster.

It matters. Using your example, 10 people, 5 contributes and 5 freeloads. Kicking the 5 freeloaders will increase the efficiency but does not improve the amount of resources contributed. This I know. But what if I recruit 5 more to replace the previous 5? At least 1 will be a contributor. This will improve the total amount of resources contributed. 

And like what DE_Steve said, clans are going to have a limit soon. The opportunity cost of having freeloaders is that we will miss getting new members who are willing and able to contribute. You don't seem to understand my point, maybe that is because you are not a clan leader. 

It matters. Using your example, 10 people, 5 contributes and 5 freeloads. Kicking the 5 freeloaders will increase the efficiency but does not improve the amount of resources contributed. This I know. But what if I recruit 5 more to replace the previous 5? At least 1 will be a contributor. This will improve the total amount of resources contributed. 

And like what DE_Steve said, clans are going to have a limit soon. The opportunity cost of having freeloaders is that we will miss getting new members who are willing and able to contribute. You don't seem to understand my point, maybe that is because you are not a clan leader. 

LOL, sigh, please read my post earlier and you would have realized I said "Kicking freeloaders WITHOUT new recruitments DOES NOT increase contribution", thus

"Therefore, you should recruit more members instead of needing such indicators. Unless one of your objectives is to keep clan size small."

Which clearly implies unless there was such a restriction on size, there is no need for such indicators since what you should do is to hire regardless; see, you didn't state your assumption of forced size limit earlier which you apparently assume everyone knows, so yeah, your fault! :p

Thus, with this new information "DE_Steve said, clans are going to have a limit soon", I would agree with you. But nonetheless, my previous reply already covered all tracks, so a little reading on your side would have helped.

Edited by Acextreme

He may also wants to kick the freeloaders simply because... well, they're freeloaders - benefitting from the clan without giving anything in return. I for one support this idea: the presence of a "contribution indicator" in the clan alone will likely encourage people to dump their excess resources into the dojo more willingly..

He may also wants to kick the freeloaders simply because... well, they're freeloaders - benefitting from the clan without giving anything in return. I for one support this idea: the presence of a "contribution indicator" in the clan alone will likely encourage people to dump their excess resources into the dojo more willingly..

Yes, that too, but he did not state so in his OP, so if that's what he wants, then he should quit beating around the bush. Nonetheless, read Skulliedoo's reply about why contribution page should not be required.

With clans coming around to have caps now, someone who doesn't contribute in the clan should be kicked in favor of those who do, because they're doing nothing more than 'take up a slot'. <.<

That seems like a pretty valid reason to want to know who's been contributing how much what.

LOL, sigh, please read my post earlier and you would have realized I said "Kicking freeloaders WITHOUT new recruitments DOES NOT increase contribution", thus

"Therefore, you should recruit more members instead of needing such indicators. Unless one of your objectives is to keep clan size small."

Which clearly implies unless there was such a restriction on size, there is no need for such indicators since what you should do is to hire regardless; see, you didn't state your assumption of forced size limit earlier which you apparently assume everyone knows, so yeah, your fault! :p

Thus, with this new information "DE_Steve said, clans are going to have a limit soon", I would agree with you. But nonetheless, my previous reply already covered all tracks, so a little reading on your side would have helped.

@Ace, yes Vorpal got what i mean. Sorry for the misunderstandings caused xD

Really, players who join a clan purely for the enjoyment of the rooms but with no contributions should be kicked. 

About skulliedoo, I understand his point but even if one doesnt farm well, if he has the commitment, he will still donate 100-200 of his limited resources. The 'Resource contribution' page is really, just to find out those who DO and DO NOT contribute, and not to determine how much did each player contribute. 

Edited by wkfire