The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Should I Spend My Credits On?

biggstobacco

Question

My credits are building up little by little and I really don't know what's best to spend them on. Right now I'm not spending them at all, just accumulating them. I don't have 100k, yet, to buy a warframe blueprint. I'm afraid that if I did, it would take a ridiculously long to farm the required mats. Is it worth it? Right now my weapons are the default Braton rifle (my default warframe is Excalibur), Akbolto (I think) dual pistols, and Cronus. I'm considering another rifle or melee weapon, but again, I'm concerned about buying blueprints only to spend forever farming the mats. Also not sure what would be a good compliment to Excalibur.

TL;DR: should I save for another warframe blueprint or another weapon? What's the grind like for either and would it be worth it?

Thanks in advance for your insights and recommendations.

8 answers to this question

Get a sentinel. Credits will become incredibly easy to come by once you clear out a bit of the map and can do alerts for credits. You can get upwards of 15k credits from some alerts in less than 6 minutes.

Shade sentinel is a useful investment, it will help you get materials quicker later on and help you on bosses with reviving and such. Or you could get Dethcube.

There's not much point buying a warframe blueprint until you get the other pieces, I've found the hardest part for warframes is getting the drops for a warframes helmet, systems and chassis, farming the resource materials doesn't take too long since they are much more common to drop.

That said I bought all the blueprints but I played Void missions and they give loads of credits, same with some alerts.

You definitely need a new melee weapon, Cronus is rubbish. Dual heat swords are fun and won't let you down. Heavy weapons are also good.

As for rifle a lot of folk favour the Boltor, the Paris bow is also good or the strun for shotgun. You don't have to stick with these, just pick something that looks fun, later on there are things requiring mastery rank so really you need to get all the weapons and level them.

Also now with Forma you can make almost any weapon work well but it's hard to come by.

Edited by Scoosh

I wouldn't buy a frame blueprint until you've farmed all the pieces and keep in mind that a frame can easily take > 100k to make with three pieces of blueprints, blueprint cost and then final crafting cost. I'd recommend sticking with your warframe for now, and looking at weapons, especially melee.

You'll probably want a heavy or dual melee weapon for dealing with infested, take a look at the wiki to figure out what suits you best - My recommendation is the Scindo.

As far as rifle goes, a cheap and effective upgrade would be to grab the non-mk1 Braton for 25k. It's a very generic rifle, a great all rounder, but a bit boring. For anything more specific you'll have to look at the wiki to figure out something.

EDIT: Sorry, yes, Shade sentinel. The guys above me are right, it's quite amazing and will increase your survivability massively.

Edited by 0shi

I agree with others a sentinel is a good investment, If you want to go a warframe choose somethign that tickles your fancy, I was using loki non stop but found mag ever so attractive, I've also leveled an ember, saryn, am leveling banshee and have exali prime.

Look at heavy weapons the gram is always a good choice. and maybe shotguns, or the kunai.

Get a sentinel. Credits will become incredibly easy to come by once you clear out a bit of the map and can do alerts for credits. You can get upwards of 15k credits from some alerts in less than 6 minutes.

Oh... I forgot about those. Seems like a sentinel would definitely be worth it. Thank you and the others who recommended this.

Shade sentinel is a useful investment, it will help you get materials quicker later on and help you on bosses with reviving and such. Or you could get Dethcube.

There's not much point buying a warframe blueprint until you get the other pieces, I've found the hardest part for warframes is getting the drops for a warframes helmet, systems and chassis, farming the resource materials doesn't take too long since they are much more common to drop.

That said I bought all the blueprints but I played Void missions and they give loads of credits, same with some alerts.

You definitely need a new melee weapon, Cronus is rubbish. Dual heat swords are fun and won't let you down. Heavy weapons are also good.

As for rifle a lot of folk favour the Boltor, the Paris bow is also good or the strun for shotgun. You don't have to stick with these, just pick something that looks fun, later on there are things requiring mastery rank so really you need to get all the weapons and level them.

Also now with Forma you can make almost any weapon work well but it's hard to come by.

Ah, I did not know that the warframes came as components. So the Banshee Chassis blueprint I have is not for the entire warframe, just one piece of it, yes?

Cronus seemed like it would have to be an improvement over the Skana so I built it, but thank you for the heads up on its rubbish damage. I have been eyeing either the big axe or dual blades. I have the electro-shock mod and armor-piercing mods so I thought if I could get a blade that had inherent heat/fire damage that would give me a well-rounded weapon against all enemy factions. Is that sound, or would that not work well?

Note on the Cronus: Don't sell weapons until you max them, unless you don't care about advancing your mastery rank. While there are certainly better weapons, if you later do want to upgrade your mastery, the only way is to level weapons/frmes that haven't already been maxed. Check the Mastery Rank on the wiki for more on that.

Note on the Cronus: Don't sell weapons until you max them, unless you don't care about advancing your mastery rank. While there are certainly better weapons, if you later do want to upgrade your mastery, the only way is to level weapons/frmes that haven't already been maxed. Check the Mastery Rank on the wiki for more on that.

Thanks for this piece of advice. :)