Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failsafe Mechanic For Rng, An Alternative To Token. The Great Wall Of Text.

neKroMancer

So all you propose is that if nothing drops after X kills, "something" will be forced to drop, that is not ammo, energy, etc?

This wasn't how this was described:

Just as one example.  It appears most of what you describe is, again forcing something considered "rare" after something takes place X times.  Your system forcing a win after a set of outcomes puts a weight to the rares above other mods at that point, when some of the common/uncommon have been difficult more difficult and more rare than mods which are indicated as "rare" for some to find.

So is it either the question I asked before, which would be more closely to what you suggest with the BP, or like your first example and last example, where performing well for those looking for a common/uncommon mod actually punishes the player by giving them a less likely chance of obtaining the item because other items are given a higher chance (or weight).

I should clarify perhaps, that my intent is not to say "no bad idea" more that, some additional examination etc may be required to fine tune what could be a viable alternative or addition to the system in place.

In my OP, the 'win' scenario wasn't tied with rare mod. It is either

- mod which you don't have from the area.

Or

- mod with minimal amount if you already have all the mods.

According to this type of 'win' player will have a chance to get common/uncommon/rare which he doesn't have as a reward. As long as the bar isn't reset with rare drop. I don't think it's punishing player who is looking for common/uncommon mod. In the first page, there was an idea proposed to change rare value from reset to minus which is fine imo.

One question, which useful uncommon/common is harder to find that rare? To be frank, for frame, rare mod that actually useful are flow and streamline. For weapon, multishot/melee AP mod. Other than that, it's really optional.

Problem with the current loot table is : everything seems to drop from everywhere. You can play Corpus mission and get power mod for frame. You can play Infest and get multishot. As I stated in the OP, loot table needs to be more clear about faction/mission related to drop chance.

In my OP, the 'win' scenario wasn't tied with rare mod. It is either

- mod which you don't have from the area.

Or

- mod with minimal amount if you already have all the mods.

According to this type of 'win' player will have a chance to get common/uncommon/rare which he doesn't have as a reward. As long as the bar isn't reset with rare drop. I don't think it's punishing player who is looking for common/uncommon mod. In the first page, there was an idea proposed to change rare value from reset to minus which is fine imo.

One question, which useful uncommon/common is harder to find that rare? To be frank, for frame, rare mod that actually useful are flow and streamline. For weapon, multishot/melee AP mod. Other than that, it's really optional.

Problem with the current loot table is : everything seems to drop from everywhere. You can play Corpus mission and get power mod for frame. You can play Infest and get multishot. As I stated in the OP, loot table needs to be more clear about faction/mission related to drop chance.

I have been unable to find a hellfire to date...

In reality:

I and a handful of others that I know from talking to have found the cryo rounds to be as/more rare than some rare mods.  That would be one in particular that comes to mind.

I'll have to reread and see what I missed in the thread :P

Again my concern was not that that idea is bad, just that some kinds of implementation might cause problems.