The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Build A Kunai?

Amidza

Question

Hey I guys, I am new player and I took pistol in the tuutorial mode but now I want to use kunai.
My skana is lvl 13, main gun 11, and my pistol is I think lvl 10 but when I went to market to buy me the blueprints for the kunai it said it something like it was xp blocked, that I need lvl2 ...

I don't get it...

so how can I build kunai?

6 answers to this question

"Mastery rank" Is the rank of the player (NOT the rank of the warframe). Look at it as an "Account level" if you wish.

To raise this level, you have to raise ranks of weapons and warframes. Press "ESC" on your liset and check your profile, you can see how many points you still need to get to the next rank.

If you have enough points, you should notice a flashing blue bar under your player name in the top left of your screen. Click this bar and an option to take the test should pop up.

Absolve this test to raise your Mastery Rank.

If you have a mastery rank of 6 you should be able to use most weapons.

A high mastery rank also comes with benefits like more trade-attempts each day and more possible standing with different syndicates but those will not be available for now anyway.

If you want to, you can read up a lot about mastery here http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

I also highly advise to visit the wiki for other questions, that aren't to complicated. Knowledge about how this game works can be very helpful. The comments under different articles can also help a lot.

Edited by Megakruemel

You can  get the mk1 kunai (the one from the tutorial) in the market. You do not have to get the blueprint- those are pre-build, like all mk1 weapons. Mk1 weapons are not mastery-locked but slightly lower in stats, it however does not make a difference in early game.

The mk1 weapons are also made to test out different weapons, so if you like them, you can get the normal version later on, when you hit a higher mastery rank.

EDIT: If you want pre-build weapons (which i only suggest in the case of mk1 weapons, since all the rest cost a lot of platinum and later on can be easily build with blueprints) you have to go into the "normal" market, not into the blueprint menu, of "secondary weapons".

Edited by Megakruemel

XP locked means that It is mastery rank locked. Mastery is earned by levelling new gear so you may want to max your current gear before building new.

You can view your Mastery Rank by pausing, scrolling over your avatar, and clicking "Show Profile."

After earning enough affinity/mastery you will need to complete a test in order to be promoted. A "Rank Up" option will appear under your avatar if so.

Edited by (PS4)Ultro-Warrior

XP locked means that It is mastery rank locked. Mastery is earned by levelling new gear so you may want to max your current gear before building new.

You can view your Mastery Rank by pausing, scrolling over your avatar, and clicking "Show Profile."

After earning enough affinity/mastery you will need to complete a test in order to be promoted. A "Rank Up" option will appear under your avatar if so.

hmm, I still don't get it

so I want to buy the kunai but it says I need to reach rank 2 in order to purchase it but how can I recah the rank 2 if don't have that kunai to lvl it up OR by rank 2, does it mean that I need to lvl up my "acc" from lvl 1 "Initiate" to lvl 2 "Silver initate"???

You can  get the mk1 kunai (the one from the tutorial) in the market. You do not have to get the blueprint- those are pre-build, like all mk1 weapons. Mk1 weapons are not mastery-locked but slightly lower in stats, it however does not make a difference in early game.

The mk1 weapons are also made to test out different weapons, so if you like them, you can get the normal version later on, when you hit a higher mastery rank.

EDIT: If you want pre-build weapons (which i only suggest in the case of mk1 weapons, since all the rest cost a lot of platinum and later on can be easily build with blueprints) you have to go into the "normal" market, not into the blueprint menu, of "secondary weapons".

I still didn't manage to buy the kunai but thnx to ur info I did buy the Paris bow, so ty alot man :)

Edited by Amidza

Mastery rank is per your account.  Level up your warframes and weapons in order to get Mastery XP.  You get 100XP per weapon level and 200xp per warframe level (double check the wiki for numbers in case I'm off).  To purchase and build the normal Kunai you have to get your Mastery to rank 2 (not the Kunai itself).

Higher tier/more powerful weapons generally require a higher mastery rank.  The MK1 weapons which you can purchase from the market or through the arsenal (go to your secondary, hit equip, then scroll down to the MK1 Kunai) are all starter weapons and can be used at any time after purchasing them or picking them in the tutorial mission.  They only cost credits to aquire and so are good to test the different weapon types as well as earn some extra Mastery XP.