Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Critiscisms So Far... (Adressing Noob Experience, And Some Drop Stuff)

Froh

Hello there. I'm, what we can usually call, a noob. I play for a week, and already done a lot of impressive stuff (for a noob) like currently building Frost Prime for example.

Obviously, I find the game great overall (and I'm kinda sad to have known this game that late and missed some stuff). But there are a few things that I would like devs to be really aware :

- Multiplayer Interface and chat are awful.

A simple improvement to multiplayer would be to actually see the names of players that joined your session.

Chat is hidden by life tabs, and we can't see other tabs like guild chat automatically when in game.

- Excalibur & Beginners.

Of the starters class, excalibur is said to be the warframe perfect for begginers. So... Why the hell does it drop from Pluto, one of the hardest planet ?

If a beginner choose another warframe, he should at least be able to change his warframe to this without playing that far in the game. I mean, it's the beginner's warframe, it should be droppable on an easy planet.

- Useless Items (but I'm not sure)

I don't have any stats so I can't really confirm that, but don't you think the decrypter, ammo box and health consumables are kinda... useless ?

Do any of you actually use them ?

I think it make the game more complex without any purpose.

- Update 8 Drop System and Rare materials issue/bug?

I didn't play before the new update. There's a huge issue with the Rare material drop rate. It looks like it has been replaced by Research Drops. My guild is kinda small and we don't have any search lab yet. But I find more detonite, fieldron and mutagene than morphics etc...

It took me like 8 runs of the first boss to actually loot my FIRST morphic in order to craft my guild key.

- Void T1, 2, 3

Void is actually the best level design wise. Secrets passages, usefull wall runs and stuff like that. Why does the only useful loot that you can find here is by RUSHING to the end of the mission instead of exploring ?

- Alert Missions, Gold, and Void issue

I find the alert missions strange. What's the point of running them when it gives you no items ?

Even the gold is not really great compared to the void at level 1. I mean I can earn up to 70 000 with one void 3 mission. 70 000 !

Alert missions gives you... 2000 to 9000 ? So a lot of them are indeed not even interesting at all.

- Mods UI

Please... add a button so I can REMOVE ALL MODS FROM a weapon or a warframe... at once.

That, and I will be happy.

- Login Reward

I don't really understand why the best loots are ONLY linked to the login rewards instead of actually playing the game.

Don't take me wrong, those login drops are really interesting compared to A LOT of others F2P games where it's actually crap.

But here, you SHOULD be able to earn some of those loots by PLAYING. More items on alert missions maybe ?

- Future login drop : Platinum Prices

I read somewhere that you will add some platinum sale. But shouldn't it be better to be able to earn Sales on items instead ? I mean, I already BOUGHT platinum. Why should I have a more interesting sale on this platinum ? Result : We'll all wait this reward to buy platinum, because we will feel scammed to buy it without.

For the positives parts, and why I upgraded to grand master after a few hours of play :

I found one of the most interesting character's gameplay in a game so far. I mean, the possibilities of combos between different warframes and even the actual things you can learn by playing only one warframe is indeed really great. 

Loki blocking lasers, Super jump blinding excalibur, All those are great. Even the grind for them is actually good.

Platinums prices are actually a bit high for a F2P that good, but you're working on them.

I agree with everything, except maybe the cyphers/ammo boxes/other consumables.  I find them to be the difference between win/fail on harder missions, nothing sucks as much as being out of ammo on both weapons on a T3 void.

The drop rates are the reason I'm not playing anymore.  That and they reset my daily rewards with U8.05 and still haven't fixed it.

- Multiplayer Interface and chat are awful.

A simple improvement to multiplayer would be to actually see the names of players that joined your session.

Chat is hidden by life tabs, and we can't see other tabs like guild chat automatically when in game.

You could actually see who joins your session by looking from the display on where the chat window popped up though... But that needs some serious improvement.

Oh, and the players view button is now toggleable, so you may wanted to use that to see all the players who join your session.

- Excalibur & Beginners.

Of the starters class, excalibur is said to be the warframe perfect for begginers. So... Why the hell does it drop from Pluto, one of the hardest planet ?

If a beginner choose another warframe, he should at least be able to change his warframe to this without playing that far in the game. I mean, it's the beginner's warframe, it should be droppable on an easy planet.

Because it's a perfect for beginner warframe (hek, he's the most balanced of all, and one of the strongest (skill damage and usability wise). slash dash spam? no problem), so the ones who choose other starter would have to go away to Pluto to get it...

Or the devs simply run out of options to place Excal BPs drop boss...

- Useless Items (but I'm not sure)

I don't have any stats so I can't really confirm that, but don't you think the decrypter, ammo box and health consumables are kinda... useless ?

Do any of you actually use them ?

I think it make the game more complex without any purpose.

It actually helps you get faster on your mission... ammo box is crucial if somehow the ammo drops is inadequate, decrypter is useful if you wanted to hurry/rushing up against mobs around you while hacking, health cons. is GREATLY helpful when you don;t use rejuvenation and all the health orbs got spent..

- Update 8 Drop System and Rare materials issue/bug?

I didn't play before the new update. There's a huge issue with the Rare material drop rate. It looks like it has been replaced by Research Drops. My guild is kinda small and we don't have any search lab yet. But I find more detonite, fieldron and mutagene than morphics etc...

It took me like 8 runs of the first boss to actually loot my FIRST morphic in order to craft my guild key.

Yeah, I agreed on that. Needs some tweak for that.

- Void T1, 2, 3

Void is actually the best level design wise. Secrets passages, usefull wall runs and stuff like that. Why does the only useful loot that you can find here is by RUSHING to the end of the mission instead of exploring ?

Haven't got any void keys... T-T

- Alert Missions, Gold, and Void issue

I find the alert missions strange. What's the point of running them when it gives you no items ?

Even the gold is not really great compared to the void at level 1. I mean I can earn up to 70 000 with one void 3 mission. 70 000 !

Alert missions gives you... 2000 to 9000 ? So a lot of them are indeed not even interesting at all.

The affinity buddy. Usually the enemies' level on alert missions is higher than usual. And void keys is illusionary rare, even from the defense missions (for me at least.)

- Mods UI

Please... add a button so I can REMOVE ALL MODS FROM a weapon or a warframe... at once.

That, and I will be happy.

AGREED. It's a PITA to remove all the mods one by one.

- Login Reward

I don't really understand why the best loots are ONLY linked to the login rewards instead of actually playing the game.

Don't take me wrong, those login drops are really interesting compared to A LOT of others F2P games where it's actually crap.

But here, you SHOULD be able to earn some of those loots by PLAYING. More items on alert missions maybe ?

those loots do included in alert missions... it's just so friggin rare T-T

- Future login drop : Platinum Prices

I read somewhere that you will add some platinum sale. But shouldn't it be better to be able to earn Sales on items instead ? I mean, I already BOUGHT platinum. Why should I have a more interesting sale on this platinum ? Result : We'll all wait this reward to buy platinum, because we will feel scammed to buy it without.

Haven't bought any plat... haven;t got steady income by myself T-T

For the positives parts, and why I upgraded to grand master after a few hours of play :

I found one of the most interesting character's gameplay in a game so far. I mean, the possibilities of combos between different warframes and even the actual things you can learn by playing only one warframe is indeed really great. 

Loki blocking lasers, Super jump blinding excalibur, All those are great. Even the grind for them is actually good.

Platinums prices are actually a bit high for a F2P that good, but you're working on them.

Edited by Athros

Well, I did loot all the things actually lootable from the void, I have the latron prime (done), the reaper (lack of morphics) and the frost prime (forging it, done in 3 days). I do think that the droprate of keys is the main cause, not the void itself after the hotfix.

(Yeah I play for a week, but I did play A LOT)

I didn't use ammo boxes/cypher/others consumables ONE time. Even with low levels warframe. And even with being out of ammo on a T3 void. (only primary weapon was out of ammo)

But if you say you really use it. Yeah I'm fine with that then. I have no problem to keep it. It was only a concern because I didn't know who need that exactly.

Excalibur is only a matter of switching a warframe to another place that's all. It's a matter of not letting "noob trap" happens, where a player who did a wrong choice find himself unable to change his choice to an easier one without deleting his account or paying (which he probably won't do at the start of the game if it's only to correct his mistake)

Edited by Froh